Getting an error trying to calculate 2 points in Tyre

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
The numbers are there in the proper order yes im getting this attached error.

tyreerror1.jpg

here are the 2 roads i get an error about but yet they are there. i drew arrows at both waypoints.

sevenlakes.jpg

Is this ain IE error or a Tyre error? Took me an hour to map this damn route and this error is keeping me from calculating it at all.

Thanks for any help.

I was able to locate the place where you are having problems and duplicated your waypoints. I got the same error. I put in more waypoints in the park and could see the route building, but it would not connect out. I put a waypoint on Perkins Memorial Drive just barely off of Seven Lakes Parkway and another just on Seven Lakes Parkway. Those two could not connect. I zoomed in to maximum zoom and switched to satellite view and can see no reason why they won't connect. I also zoomed in on the point near the Palisades Interstate Parkway. It looks like you can't get from the park road onto the Parkway. My guess is the Parkway is limited access. It looks like you will have to plot your way around the park. You could print a map of the park and use it to go through the park and pick up your itinerary when you get out.

By the way, the error is being generated in Google Maps. Tyre is in the background at that point.

Interestingly, if you click ok in the mapping program and go back to Tyre, your waypoints are all there. Have you tried then saving the itinerary and copying it to your TomTom to see if the TomTom could plot the route?

Good luck.

I was able to locate the place where you are having problems and duplicated your waypoints. I got the same error. I put in more waypoints in the park and could see the route building, but it would not connect out. I put a waypoint on Perkins Memorial Drive just barely off of Seven Lakes Parkway and another just on Seven Lakes Parkway. Those two could not connect. I zoomed in to maximum zoom and switched to satellite view and can see no reason why they won't connect. I also zoomed in on the point near the Palisades Interstate Parkway. It looks like you can't get from the park road onto the Parkway. My guess is the Parkway is limited access. It looks like you will have to plot your way around the park. You could print a map of the park and use it to go through the park and pick up your itinerary when you get out.

By the way, the error is being generated in Google Maps. Tyre is in the background at that point.

Interestingly, if you click ok in the mapping program and go back to Tyre, your waypoints are all there. Have you tried then saving the itinerary and copying it to your TomTom to see if the TomTom could plot the route?

Good luck.

I have the route saved and loaded on the gps but when i try to load the itinerary it says "no route found"
i might have to cut out that part of the trip which really really sucks but then again its just one stop.

It's tough to remain objective about these problems, especially if you have named your GPS. The tendency is to shout, 'You Moron! There's no road there where you want me to turn left. Are you daft!'

We went for a drive today in an area that is very sparsely populated. At times the progress arrow was off in the field. Then you have to remember that the satellite is telling your TomTom where you are. The progress arrow is correct. You are not off in a field. The maps are inaccurate at that point.

The best you can do is work your way around problems such as this and remember what it was like before GPS. The maps are not perfect, but my GPS gets me where I want to go pretty darn well, most of the time. I can forgive her the times when she doesn't. After, that is, I first shout, 'You Moron!' ;-)

Tom

It's tough to remain objective about these problems, especially if you have named your GPS. The tendency is to shout, 'You Moron! There's no road there where you want me to turn left. Are you daft!'

We went for a drive today in an area that is very sparsely populated. At times the progress arrow was off in the field. Then you have to remember that the satellite is telling your TomTom where you are. The progress arrow is correct. You are not off in a field. The maps are inaccurate at that point.

The best you can do is work your way around problems such as this and remember what it was like before GPS. The maps are not perfect, but my GPS gets me where I want to go pretty darn well, most of the time. I can forgive her the times when she doesn't. After, that is, I first shout, 'You Moron!' ;-)

Tom

Exactly. I will pretty much just cut p.m.d. out but drive right up to it to see if i can get on it.

The entire Perkins memorial drive area is loaded as blocked both ways. This is usually done by Tomtom if it thinks it's a walking-only area.

Go to mapshare and unblock all the road segments in both directions and the routing will work fine on the Tomtom. Nothing much you can do on Google - you might be able to set walking mode, but it ignores speeds and one-ways so I'm sure that will cause issues later in your route.

Ask a Question