Request Fastest Route - getting Shortest Route

Hi

I have an old XL IQ Routes Edition TomTom.

I recently went on a trip from Noosa (Queensland) to Coff Harbour (NSW).
I requested the "Fastest Route", but I definitely got the "Shortest Route", which happen to take an extra 2 hours !!!!!!
I have now noticed this is happening with all route planning.
Is there anything I can do to correct this?

Device Details :-
Device : AKVG2 DSB6S
App : 9.5.10.1234792.2 OS842337 (2039, 4/4/2013)
Map : Australia v915.5074
GPS v1.20; Boot 5.5277
Navigation v9.510

Cheers

Well, for starters, your 915 map is almost two years old. That may be part of the problem.

Well, for starters, your 915 map is almost two years old. That may be part of the problem.
This happened over two years ago - shortly after the maps were updated.
I updated the maps specifically for this trip.
The route I was taken on, and the correct Fastest Route were both well established routes with no recent upgrades or changes.

Since this incidence, the TomTom has continued to give Shortest Route, even though I always request the Fastest Route.

Well, of course, sometimes the fastest is the shortest. But not always, I agree.

Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds unless your model has a dedicated reset hole. See if that helps. If not, you might try restoring to factory defaults. You will lose all custom setting but it may improve the situation.

Well, of course, sometimes the fastest is the shortest. But not always, I agree.

Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds unless your model has a dedicated reset hole. See if that helps. If not, you might try restoring to factory defaults. You will lose all custom setting but it may improve the situation.
Yes, the drum reset appears to have done it.
I've just asked for the Fastest Route to Coffs Harbour from my home (the same route where I first noticed the problem).
This time it has set the route along the coast highway, which I had previously found was the fastest route by about 2 hours (over the shortest route which it had previously taken me on).

Thanks for your help and patience.:)

Ask a Question