Cannot update Quickfix, getting packedephemis.ee error

I have the One 3rd edition, and I'm trying to update and keep getting this error. How do I fix it? I tried googling and didn't find anything helpful at all.

Also can't delete anything from Home itself, I had to go directly into the harddrive with explorer to delete some voices so I had room for the updates.

Help please
Thanks in advance

Use Explorer to delete the contents of the ephem folder on your unit and also use Explorer to delete the contents of the ephemeris folder on your computer. Ususally found here:

C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\ephemeris

What happens when you try to remove items with Home and what are you trying to remove?

I just tried to do exactly that with the explorer and deleting the files on my computer and still got the same error. I delete the file on the device and if I refresh it's there again.

I was trying to delete some voices to make room for the updates but it was telling me that the files were incomplete and could not be removed.

Last edited:
Can you make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents?

If so, try that, reformat the internal drive and restore the backup

The point of the guide is to show you how to make a backup. So, I suggest you make one now.

Understand that what we're trying to protect is your map folder on the unit. Anything else you can get for free. So, even if your unit is not operating properly, do the Explorer backup as noted in the guide. Your map folder will be included in the backup. When you reformat the drive, everything gets wiped off it. That's why you do the backup first.

Ask a Question