UPDATE: Cannot find GPS Signal

TomTom Model(s)
ONE & START 25
Hi,

Thought it would be polite to update our membership on my ongoing problem with my new TomTom Start 25 as outlined in thread

https://www.tomtomforums.com/t28100-cannot-find-gps-signal.html

I have finally had my SatNav replaced by Halford's Motor Store here in the UK and things look positively rosy. :)

I've downloaded all the recommended updates for the new device and it locked onto 6 satellites within 30 seconds of rebooting. I can even maintain at least 2 or 3 satellites in virtually every area of my house, which for reference, has 2 foot thick solid walls and a hefty roof and lining.

I tried rebooting inside my car and it found 7 satellite locks in about 15 seconds and maintained 5 to 6 of those.

I intend to test the unit more fully over the next week but I'm optimistic that my "lost GPS" issues may be solved. I will of course feedback any problems should they arise.

Many thanks to everyone who has helped me with this issue over the last few weeks.

Kindest regards,

John :thumb:

Glad to hear you have one that is behaving. Once in a while we see issues of the sort you describe, but it's very rare. Usually it's "all or nothing" when it comes to unit sensitivity. Odd that yours was somewhere in between.

Ask a Question