Getting Error "Error calling method on NPObject"

This error occurs when I try "operate my Go" in TT Home.
I have changed browsers and uninstalled TTHome several times. Can anyone offer any help?

The details of the error are:ERROR: " Error calling method on NPObject!
in chrome://tthome/content/ui/subtask/emulator/emulatorPage.js:232
Stack:
0. function startup_navigator("M67397B09314","8-351-9982-1.dll","22","Latin-1","N:*M:") unknown
1. function () chrome://tthome/content/ui/subtask/emulator/emulatorPage.js:232
dataFolder);
2. function ([object XML]) chrome://tthome/content/ui/subtask/emulator/emulatorPage.js:148
this.initEmulator();
3. function ([object XML]) chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:79
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
4. function () chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:442
this.successCallback(this.resultXML);
5. function (true) chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:430
this._doneCallbacks();
6. function ([object ProgressEvent]) chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:277
this.request.onload = function() { me._done(true); }

Sounds the same as the Home problem that bobhupe (see other thread) was been having. It indicates a plug-in error during javascript execution. The script is usually attempting to get data from a defunct plug-in, and throws that error. I've run across it a couple of times when using the ExternalInterface call.

ONE way this can happen is when the plug-in is being blocked due to security issues. The rest -- well, the error isn't very informative.

Any chance you could disable your AV software long enough to try again to see what happens?

Tried disabling security

Hi,
Thanks for the quick response. I tried disabling the security. Same problem. I even did a system restore to last week still no help.
Any other ideas?

Try completely uninstalling Home using Revo Uninstaller (free version) from here.

Then go grab a new copy of Home from here. Install and see if things improve.

(make a note of your user-id/password before the removal)

If the prior steps don't work, close HOME, open the %appdata% folder, and delete the Tomtom subfolder. Then reopen HOME and try Operate My GO again. (you'll need to re-login with your user/pass)

It's fixed

Thanks to all who helped it's working. MVL's suggestion was the final step in getting it to work. Thanks again,
Steve

Ask a Question