Dont know where to take this problem to, any advice..

I was cleaning my car yesterday and I damaged my dvd player. It seems water is trapped behind the screen. At the minute Im going over it with a heat gun.

I do not know who to talk to about it.

Does anybody know anything about these things...

Attachments

• Photo 10.jpg
    Photo 10.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 391
Moved post to a more appropriate forum.

Try putting the unit in a container of uncooked rice for 48 hours. Seriously.

Could work! Ive actually just dismantled the unit and as you can see Im holding the piece of glass. It doesnt seem to be double glazed but water is somehow inside it and it wont wipe away.

Attachments

• Photo 11.jpg
    Photo 11.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 384
Could work! Ive actually just dismantled the unit and as you can see Im holding the piece of glass. It doesnt seem to be double glazed but water is somehow inside it and it wont wipe away.

There's a polarizer film that's stuck to most LCD screen. If the screen is still working besides the distorted look, That's probably where the water sipped-in.

The rice idea is good. You can also try to get a hold of silica grains, the stuff we find in small pouch in some packaging. It's a stuff used to remove moisture. Same thing as the rice, you put this and the screen in a sealed container for a few days.

Last resort, ensure there's no plastic parts attached and stick it in the oven, at a temperature around 150-175F for about 1 hour. Slowly raise the temperature from room temp till you reach around 175F. The slower, the better. DO NOT preheat the oven. DO NOT go above around 175F! You don't want the LIQUID crystals to boil and you don't want the glass to crack. Then let the screen cool in the oven, without touching anything. Again, DO NOT preheat the oven! Preheating will bust the glass. Same to cool it down, it need to happen slowly.

Advice to the fast guys: This applies to the LCD display only, not the entire radio!

Ask a Question