XL350TM Safty alerts dont work in USA

After serveal email and pjone calls to TOMTOM the bottom line is. the XL350TM has what they call a simple 2 bution interface. It has only 1 bution to inable disable safty alerts.
But the XL350 safty alerts only work in Canada not USA.
The XL340TM and XL540TM safty alerts work in both countrys. So far Tomtom has no idea why the 350 is set up this way or if it will ever be fixxed with a update. If you go to bestbuy and look at fetures of the 350 it says it hAs a safty menu. it does not say it does not work in USA. I asked tomtom to exchang my 350 for 340 but they have refused saying the device was working right and I need to tgake my probleam up with bestbuy. I asked to be called by tomtom coprate office and hpefully they can help me resolve this probleam,

Is there any software out that I can make my alerts work?

Thanks for all the input.

I would indeed try to take my case back to BestBuy, especially if you had any interaction with them that might have led you astray. Many of their employees are ignorant about a great many things, but GPS technology is NOT their forte. If even remotely recent, I'd take it back for a trade to another unit. Be sure you avoid ALL of the following models (they're not all available at BestBuy, but more than one is):

Ease (Start2 in Europe), XL335SE, XL335LE, XL335LM, XL350, XL350T, XL350M, XL350TM, (XL IQRoutes2 in Europe), XXL550, XXL550T, XXL550M and XXL550TM.

Because each of them employs the "EasyMenu" system, and as a result, these units have fewer available features than otherwise identical looking models. We find too often that users here miss one or more of those features.

I have the exact model that you have. The XL350 safety cams was working "out of the box" until i did a map update. Now, it doesn't even give me the option to "enable safety cams". The fix for me was to download Trapster which is a great app. Download the file and set audible alerts for the radar/safety cams. It is free and real easy to do. Now i have an up to date database on all cams in the US.

Ask a Question