Does your TomTom One do this?

Just purchased a TomTom One this past Friday, and I'm very impressed. I do have a question for the group....now I'm being really picky here. When the voice prompts giving directions does your One make a "POP" noise right before the voice prompt? Mine does and it doesn't seem to vary based on volume.

Example: If a turn is coming up...

TomTom: noise("POP") "Make a right turn ahead."

Now, guys I'm being picky here, just looking to see anyone else hears this.

Thanks.

I just picked mine about a month ago and am thrilled overall w/ it, but yes - mine does make a kinda minor pop noise before it speaks.

I believe I know the 'POP' sound your talking about. I hear that sound when I disconnect my TT1 from HOME after it resets. However, I don't think I hear it when it's giving me directions. I'm going to have to pay attention.

I believe I know the 'POP' sound your talking about. I hear that sound when I disconnect my TT1 from HOME after it resets. However, I don't think I hear it when it's giving me directions. I'm going to have to pay attention.

Yes, it is very similar to that. Pedro, I'll try to reset it and see if that works.

no pop here.

actually, I wish it BEEPED before talking - to get my attention.

I can't find the thread but it was about 3 months ago... a popping sound in your TT just before giving directions for another user meant his speaker was about to go south. He contacted TT Support and they told him to return his device for a new one....

Mine has never made a pop sound with the 'supplied' voices until I downloaded some others and then there was a definite pop at the start of sentences so I'm sticking with Ken the Aussie.

Mine has never made a pop sound with the 'supplied' voices until I downloaded some others and then there was a definite pop at the start of sentences so I'm sticking with Ken the Aussie.

Yeah, I found the same thing. The voices provided with the TomTom One don't seem to have this problem. Just checking. Thanks guys.

Ask a Question