Does One 3rd Edition show street or destination number?

I just received a TomTom One 3rd Edition and have been out road testing it. Every time I reach my destination TomTom will show the street name only. I would like it to show the street number as well as the street name.

If TomTom will not show the street number as well as the street name, I think this is a major flaw and should be reported to TomTom for correcting. If it will please tell me how to set TomTom to show the street number. Thank you.

I just received a TomTom One 3rd Edition and have been out road testing it. Every time I reach my destination TomTom will show the street name only. I would like it to show the street number as well as the street name.

If TomTom will not show the street number as well as the street name, I think this is a major flaw and should be reported to TomTom for correcting. If it will please tell me how to set TomTom to show the street number. Thank you.

Every single city has their own way of naming roads. Some use numbers. Some use letters. Some use the names of presidents or trees. Sometimes there is a combination of these. But they are all just a name.

TomTom will only show whatever it's named on a map.

What exactly do you mean by "street number"? You don't mean house numbers, do you?

Give an example.

Thanks sparky672. All I mean is a normal street address is comprised of the street name and the number for the exact location on that street. As an example a address for someone is the US might be:

John Doe
1234 Wilson St.
Houston, TX 77024

The "1234" denotes the exact location on Wilson St. where John Doe lives. TomTom will show Wilson St. as the final destination but not 1234 (the exact location on Wilson St.).

Thanks sparky672. All I mean is a normal street address is comprised of the street name and the number for the exact location on that street. As an example a address for someone is the US might be:

John Doe
1234 Wilson St.
Houston, TX 77024

The "1234" denotes the exact location on Wilson St. where John Doe lives. TomTom will show Wilson St. as the final destination but not 1234 (the exact location on Wilson St.).

I don't think you're going to get that.

The destinations are just points on a map. Even when you punch in a destination address, it's just converted to a point on the map.

Sometimes the house numbers don't match up very well with the actual locations anyway. ( see Google Maps )

Is there something I don't understand here? You have the address written on a piece of paper, you enter it into the TomTom and it navigates you to the street and pretty darn close to the actual house.

So you already know the house number because you just entered it into the TomTom!

GPS is new to me so I don't mean to be critical of TomTom. In fact, I think TT is great and I'm sure I've just scratched the surface of the potential in it.

Normally I type in the address info from my desk then leave on the trip. I thought since I typed in the street number TT would return that number when I arrived at my destination. When TT didn't do that on one of my early tests I was surprised.

I guess I will write the street number on a sheet of paper and take it with me.

It does appear that the full address replaced by just the street that you're on when it reach you destination.

Instead of writing it down, you could use Navigate to... / Recent destination
to see the full address again.

It does appear that the full address replaced by just the street that you're on when it reach you destination.

I believe that's because everything is just converted into coordinates as the actual destination. I've noticed that when I select destination points way off the mapped road, parking lots & such, the destination point (finish line flag) stops short right next to the road.

Not a problem for me. I just don't think anyone should really care that the house number is not displayed. You've reached your point... you're there... game over.

It's a "GPS coordinate" device, not a "try to guesstimate the street address of this location" device.

Instead of writing it down, you could use Navigate to... / Recent destination
to see the full address again.

Very good idea and one I had not thought of. Thank you!

In spite of my previous frivolous comment, I actually have experienced the problem you are speaking about. You enter the address before leaving home, but upon arrival, you can't recall the exact house number, and it could be one of half a dozen houses.

But there is an easy solution. The TomTom 'remembers' the last entry that you put into it. So take the TomTom and pretend you want to navigate again to the same address. For each entry (city, street, number), the last thing you entered will appear on the screen.

You are right

I know I'm posting a few years later, but sleepin you are exaclty right! After you reach your destination, the TomTom should show the street name AND street number -- not just the street name.

We should not have to write it down on paper and look at the paper. It has nothing to do with how cities name their streets. It's not an issue of geographical coordinates. And you shouldn't have to add it as a Favorite and delete it later.

When you type in the street number and name, that info is just stored in a couple fields in the TomTom. All it has to do when you reach your destination is display those fields again. Yes I agree it's a simple design issue.

Last edited:
Newer Tomtom models show the street number as you approach the destination.

I don't have a one 3rd edition, but try looking under status bar preferences, and make sure that "show next street name" is enabled.

I checked, and "show next street name" is enabled.

I recently emailed TomTom support and they were able to reproduce the behavior; and said they would present this to their Product Development.

It's true, just before you reach your destination, it shows the full address; but it shows it for only a moment just before you reach your destination. However, it's not safe to have to constantly look at the device to try and catch a glimpse of it. The voice commands take care of that and let you drive "hands-free". And after a long drive, you don't always remember the exact address.

The issue is after it announces "you have reached your destination", it should show the full address you entered earlier. Currently it only shows the street name. So for example, you're in a neighborhood with many house numbers. If you don't remember the house number, you have to stop, access the device and lookup the number you entered earlier.

If, after it announces "you have reached your destination", it showed the full address, you could quickly glance at the TomTom to remember the address (including the number) and easily find the right destination.

Ask a Question