Does Home undo your corrections too?

TomTom Model(s)
VIA 1535M
What can I do to prevent Home from undoing my map corrections?
I corrected a street name yesterday. Home or Map Share has just reset it.

Last edited by a moderator:
That shouldn't have happened. Corrections to your own map should 'stick' until the next map upgrade. Home wouldn't have caused the problem.

So if the correction hasn't been made in the next map upgrade, I have to enter it all over again?

Its weird cause for some reason, for the past 4 or 5 map updates for me, the mapshare data is still there even after a map update.
Right after a map update, I disconnect the device and look at it, and the "closed" road that I entered on the previous map is still there (haven't made it to the actual map update, so you can see the road with purple color on it)

Right after a map update, I disconnect the device and look at it, and the "closed" road that I entered on the previous map is still there (haven't made it to the actual map update, so you can see the road with purple color on it)
I don't get it. Next time, could you make a screen print of photo and post it.

There could be an explanation for the updates to remain.
If those were Map Shares sanctioned by TomTom that could explain it, even though through 5 maps seems to be a long time.
On the other hand, I have made submissions to Tele Atlas through their corrections site years ago and nothing happened.
I reported the same at http://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/ in January and a few weeks ago it showed as Accepted.
Of course, this may take 2 -3 map iterations before showing up on the actual map.

If you're curious to know how 'much' of your own Mapshare data is being retained on a Nav2 unit, just look in your map folder for "MapUserPatch.dat". Unfortunately, that info is wiped with every new map update For some folks, I'd recommend storing a copy of that file before a map update and restoring it afterward to see if it works. As long as TomTom doesn't fiddle the format between releases, this should restore Mapshare changes. I know that at one time, we had users 'sharing' this data between their fleets of several units in this way. It MAY also require saving and restoring the UserPatch.dat file from the root of the device as well. It's been quite a long time since we had to steer anyone in this direction so that they could copy changes from one unit to another.

Here's a thread on retaining Mapshare changes you make for your own unit:

https://www.tomtomforums.com/t24887-will-mapshares-carry-over-new-map.html

Last edited:
Had only 5 kb in the "MapUserPatch.dat" file.
Dates given as mid March, the time I fiddled with moving everything but the maps and map folder, as well as the internal.dat file.

I will try to find a place with mapshare data for screen capture next time
I remembered TomTom kept my old mapshare setting because a while ago there is a road closed near my area. I reported it in mapshare. Then about a month later, next map came out. I updated it right away, and right after that (I thought tomtom process mapshare data on next map update so I immediately check). Also the map was not fix, but the correction is still there. (It happened for all the corrections I applied, not just that one)
But of course I can't proof it right now because all the errors has been corrected(which took mapbe one and a half year)

If you're curious to know how 'much' of your own Mapshare data is being retained on a Nav2 unit, just look in your map folder for "MapUserPatch.dat". Unfortunately, that info is wiped with every new map update For some folks, I'd recommend storing a copy of that file before a map update and restoring it afterward to see if it works. As long as TomTom doesn't fiddle the format between releases, this should restore Mapshare changes. I know that at one time, we had users 'sharing' this data between their fleets of several units in this way. It MAY also require saving and restoring the UserPatch.dat file from the root of the device as well. It's been quite a long time since we had to steer anyone in this direction so that they could copy changes from one unit to another.

Here's a thread on retaining Mapshare changes you make for your own unit:

https://www.tomtomforums.com/t24887-will-mapshares-carry-over-new-map.html

I guess it they did change the format, simply copy back the new MapUserPatch.dat back into the map folder on your TT?

Yup. That's the way it goes.

Ahh ok. Thanks!

Ask a Question