Home 2.8 doesn't recognize XL1

TomTom Model(s)
One XLS
I recently updated Home to 2.8 and bought new US maps (1 yr). Maps downloaded after 3 "timed out" tries. I thought everything was fine until today when I tried to make a map correction and Home will not recognize to TT. When I connect to the computer, the charge light comes on but the word "Device" at the top left of Home page does not darken as usual. Try as I may I can't get Home to see the TT. I have removed the card and tried w/o it and it still doesn't recognize the TT. Any suggestions?

Try resetting the unit by either holding the power button about 15 seconds till you hear the drum sounds or use the dedicated reset hole if your model has one.

Are you using the cable that came with the unit and using a usb port on the back of the computer, not the front?

Using the cable that came with TT plugged into side USB of laptop. Changed to another USB cable and it recognized TT. Bad cable. Thanks for the help!

Ask a Question