Disable dial police for help on GO 730T

New here so Hi
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to disable the dial up from the help screens since I have now dialled the police / Emergency Services three times while holding the unit ( I use it on walks ). I have switched to fewer menu options but have to constantly switch on and off to get 'My Location' I seem to hold the unit so the help>call something is activated. I still want to be able to bluetooth via mobile for making and receiving calls.

On what screen do you keep your unit? I am not familiar with the 730 but my 910 requires one to go into two or three levels of menus to get to the call police screen. If you leave it on the first screen showing maps etc I do not think it should be dialing the police. Maybe some of the 730 people have some ideas.

I know when I've used my phone and a BT Headset I've accidentally made a call because I've hit a button on the phone and activated the call ??? function.Perhaps its not a TomTom issue but a button on the phone that is making the call.

New here so Hi
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to disable the dial up from the help screens since I have now dialled the police / Emergency Services three times while holding the unit ( I use it on walks ). I have switched to fewer menu options but have to constantly switch on and off to get 'My Location' I seem to hold the unit so the help>call something is activated. I still want to be able to bluetooth via mobile for making and receiving calls.

One way to do this without disturbing other functions (aside from HELP ME) functions is to either delete or rename your HELP folder on your tomtom.....Keep in mind, that it will no longer "HELP ME - WALK TO - THE NEAREST POLICE STATION." ( I have done this several times by mistake and obtained very odd directions to where I THOUGHT i was going....)

So if you are like me, and others that I know, the HELP ME feature is not that helpful. Please do not forget, you can still NAVIGATE TO -POINT OF INTEREST - SEARCH - POLICE/SHERIFF/ETC...

Not a phone problem since the phone is closed with no keys available. Re-named the "helpme" folder but it didnt do anything to the "Phone for help" settings I was able to phone "Nearest public transport" so guess the police would also be there !
"If you leave it on the first screen showing maps etc I do not think it should be dialing the police".... it is on the map screen but the touch screen seems so sensitive that anything in contact sends it through the menus so quickly that the first I hear is the police asking if I have a problem. How do you hold it while walking through the bush without touching the screen?

That is something I truly hate about the TomTom user interface: it's WAY too easy to double-click and triple-click by accident.

There is ZERO debounce done between pressings of the touchscreen. This is rather sloppy engineering.

Often, if I'm driving on a bumpy road, I'll touch the touchscreen, my finger will wobble slightly, and I'll end up making 2 or 3 clicks in rapid succession.

Very annoying.

You'd think there would be a way to adjust this. Unfortunately, I looked and I looked, and couldn't find any adjustment setting anywhere for this. I have a TomTom GO 930T.

2 step dialup

New here so Hi

just wanted to say that I did email support to make the auto dial of 911 a two step process instead of one button. On this auto dial I suggested to make it two step . After the initial dialup their should be a confirmation screen to complet the dialup. Other users should email support wanting this type of dial up only for this 911 button.

just wanted to say that I did email support to make the auto dial of 911 a two step process instead of one button. On this auto dial I suggested to make it two step . After the initial dialup their should be a confirmation screen to complet the dialup. Other users should email support wanting this type of dial up only for this 911 button.

Just be sure that the "confirmation" is done somewhere else on the screen in case something is bumping the screen.

Ask a Question