Disable Legal Notice

TomTom Model(s)
XXL and XL
Hi

I have the XXL, is it possible to disable the Legal notice? It is the notice that comes up on startup and says "It is your responsibility blah blah.....

It is very annoying and seems to come up every time I switch on the device.

As I recall, that should only happen when the device boots or reboots.
Are you only turning the unit on periodically (once a week or less often)?
Any chance your battery is becoming depleted between power-ups?
If not, can you describe what happens when you turn the unit on? Do you see the TomTom logo each time? It should just start at your normal splash screen.

Yes, I don't turn on the tomtom for every journey, and often keep it out of view. So it can be "switched off" it for several days and the battery seems to drain by itself. It get the impression the tomtom does not really switch OFF, which is why the battery drains down?
Either way the message is annoying.

Yes, I don't turn on the tomtom for every journey, and often keep it out of view. So it can be "switched off" it for several days and the battery seems to drain by itself. It get the impression the tomtom does not really switch OFF, which is why the battery drains down?
Either way the message is annoying.
The XXL goes into a "sleep" mode rather than completely shutting down, with the goal of providing a much quicker start up. After a while (about a week, if my memory is correct) it turns off completely to keep from flat-lining the battery.

Another possibility is that if you are turning the XXL off and on with the power switch instead of plugging and unplugging the CLA, you may be holding down the power switch for too long and getting a reboot instead of a restart. If you restart by holding down the power switch until you get the TomTom logo and hear the "drum beat" sound, this will generate a reboot and give you the "legal screen".

- Tom -

Ok, thanks for all the replies.
1. My tomtom does not power up when I plug in the CLA (cigarette lighter adapter?), so I have to press the power up button
2. From the replies I am getting and further testing I am sure this seems to be an issue because the device has gone from sleep to OFF after a period of time, and when it powers up it goes through a reboot process and displays the unnecessary legal notice.

Just one of those annoying quirks I am going to have to live with.
Thanks for taking time to reply

Ask a Question