Directional Compass (solved)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TomTom has their own forum, so there may be some confusion there, but no big deal. Certainly no more confusing than having a Via 1535 and GO 1535 on the market at the same time!

TomTom has their own forum, so there may be some confusion there, but no big deal. Certainly no more confusing than having a Via 1535 and GO 1535 on the market at the same time!
Thank you for everything and I will revise my review. How about you let me know what to call this so it will direct more people here vs TomTom "company"?

tomtomforums.com

Well folks, the replacement came in and once again another faux pas. Sucks and full of problems. Once again Tom Tom asked me to send this back and they will replace the unit. They will not refund us our money.....hopeless or just a new positive beginning on another unit? Verdict is out!

We never did find out for certain what your "directional arrow " was that was causing all the problems (was it the compass arrow, or the car icon arrow, or the "next turn" arrow, or?)

But if the replacement unit has that same issue for you, then I think it must be your expectations are simply different from what you is designed.
Shame, an annotated picture might have at least got us all talking about the same thing.

We never did find out for certain what your "directional arrow " was that was causing all the problems (was it the compass arrow, or the car icon arrow, or the "next turn" arrow, or?)

But if the replacement unit has that same issue for you, then I think it must be your expectations are simply different from what you is designed.
Shame, an annotated picture might have at least got us all talking about the same thing.
Andy, the arrow problem never got fixed. A unit was sent to replace the defective unit. Now the 2nd unit is being replaced because this unit will not stay on, will not provide directions.....just for starters. Not a good continuation of problems. The arrow - they confirmed it as something they cannot fix and a replacement is needed. Hope this answers your question. I got the problem resolved and now getting a 3rd unit....we can close this discussion out. THank you all w/in the forum for assisting me.

The arrow - they confirmed it as something they cannot fix and a replacement is needed. Hope this answers your question.

Aarrgh! no.....
WHAT ARROW? Where exactly is it on the screen?
And If it's something TT cannot fix, how come no-one else has seen the problem?

Maybe I should give up too, but I hate unresolved mysteries.

Andy, please read the previous email discussions. AND IT did not resolve this. I would also advise your looking online at other discussions as the "arrow" problem is PREDOMINANT w/Tom Tom errors in configuration. Please do not take this as an unresolved issue - the unit was replaced, Tom Tom acknowledged it is a frequent issue brought to their attention and....simply put - case closed. Thank you for attempting to assist. Problem is solved - unit replaced and now working on 3rd unit.

You still haven't explained what arrow it is that you are referring to. See Andy's post #27 in this thread.

06-13-2012, 09:24 AM #1
Has anyone encountered this problem & how did you resolve the issue:

the arrow (direction) of car is ALWAYS pointing opposite from where we are physically headed. We have a 1530/1535 and this is driving us nuts. The verbal directions are accurate yet it is very dangerous and distracting when the "arrow" is pointing the opposite way ......we disconnected the unit, we cannot find fixing solutions, and frankly...we really regret buying the TomTom.

Would anyone of you kindly assist us? Not even Cust. Service knows how.

The model has the arrow direction controlled by the 2D/3D settings..

2D view: rotate map in direction of traffic (check or uncheck). If you leave the option unchecked, it will always point NORTH.

And you can switch to 3D view when following a defined route. (or not, in which case the 2D options remain in effect).

So, what are your settings in the 2D/3D screen??

DHN, thank you for trying. Please close out this discussion. Item is a mute point and the defective unit which the "arrows" did not work has been replaced because it WAS defective. I would close out this discussion forum but i cannot. So please, as a moderator, close this out and post solved by IT vs Forum.

OK I give up. I'll have to live with never knowing what you actually meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question