Tomtom xxl cameras still directional

Hi
I have the tomtom xxl but the cameras are not very good as they give you some cameras the wrong way round I asked for help before and was told to download the camera database from pocketgpsworld I done this but the cameras are still directional has anyone any ideas how I can fix this problem
Thanks from Eddie

The camera database from PocketGPSWorld is not directional so you will get a warning when approaching the camera from either direction. The only time this won't apply is when a camera is on a different carriageway such as a barried dual carriageway or Motorway as the device treats each side of the road seperately.

Have you set up the Warn When Near POI option for each of the PGPSW camera categories you have installed, also consider removing the crappy TomTom camera files as they are no longer required - Mike

sab... I have moved your post to it's own topic, as your's is a different question and to avoid "hijacking" eddiethebhoy's topic.

Click here to go to it.

eddiethebhoy.... You'll have to take your choice...

The TT-supplied camera database ATTEMPTS to differentiate between cameras on your side of the road or the other, but often gets it wrong. But the overall quality of the data is simply dreadful (especially for things like SPECS cameras in roadworks - for which you often still get alerts weeks after they have been removed).

TomTom do not allow third-party POIs to use ANY directional data, so although the PGPSW database DOES have the directional data included for use with other brands, you cannot get a TomTom to make any use of it.

However, the data itself is much better,.

I actually LIKE to see cameras on the other side of the road being shown as it convinces me that they haven't missed any!

Ask a Question