Differance between updates

Hi Everyone,

when people mention that new buyers are allowed to update their map once in first 30 days from purchase date of gps unit.

How do they know that when did I purchase my unit?
Difference between Mapshaing Vs. Map updating in first 30 days?
If I restore my unit, do I still get newest map or last map update I did?

Thanks,

The Latest Map Guarantee is 30 days from first use of the unit. Acoded file is created when the user first navigates with the TomTom.

Mapshares are changes to an existing map while a map update is the addition of new roads to maps along with new IQ and ALG data and maybe, just maybe, the implementation of mapshare changes/corrections provided by users for past maps.

Thank you,

Do I have to download the updates (Mapsharing, app, etc) thru tt home software or can I download without signing up with tt? I read that map updates should be appied without using home software.

How do I add fuel prices and red light camera feature into my unit?

Thanks,

You should register with TT. Downloaded mapshares are only gotten through Home. You can install a map without using Home but should normally try using Home in the first place.

Fuel prices are a subscription based plus service. I'm not sure if there is an involved cost, sorry.

Ask a Question