Devise not connected

My 720 which has been connecting to Tomtom home now won't connect. Windows Vista says device unknown. I tried the reset which makes matters worse as it still won't connect and it deleted my phone book. Tomtom website doesnt have a fix. Any one who what will work?

My 720 which has been connecting to Tomtom home now won't connect. Windows Vista says device unknown. I tried the reset which makes matters worse as it still won't connect and it deleted my phone book. Tomtom website doesnt have a fix. Any one who what will work?

Did you do a pin reset or a reset to factory settings on the tomtom menu?

The pin reset would not delete anything, and might help it to connect. Re-installing Home will not help at this point, as Vista does not recognize your device.

You could also try different USB ports (but this is a stretch if the pin reset did not clear it...)

Pin reset worked

The pin reset didn't work the first time, but I tried again a few hours later and it did work. Thanks for all the help :)

Ask a Question