Delete text to speech files from 920 map

TomTom Model(s)
One
Hey all

So I've seen from others that deleting the text to speech files from the new 920 map will enable it to fit on a 2gb card. This would be nice since from what i've seen here, the 920 map has better POI info.

Will home allow me to do this? Or do I need to use explorer and go searching for the files somewhere. Just trying to figure this out before I make the upgrade before the end of the month. Thanks all!!

Hey all

So I've seen from others that deleting the text to speech files from the new 920 map will enable it to fit on a 2gb card. This would be nice since from what i've seen here, the 920 map has better POI info.

Will home allow me to do this? Or do I need to use explorer and go searching for the files somewhere. Just trying to figure this out before I make the upgrade before the end of the month. Thanks all!!

The cspeech*** files are the ones you want to delete. Not sure if Home has this option, but it is very easy to simply delete these files using explorer.

OK so I can download the map and delete the files while the map is still on my computer. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to actually explore the map when it was downloaded.

hi i am just new and i am not sure how to post or reply right so sorry if this is not the place to reply , but i have aquestion. i got tt 3rd edtion for my birthday and wonderd if you can expaned thhr memory or not. thanks

OK so I can download the map and delete the files while the map is still on my computer. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to actually explore the map when it was downloaded.

Yup, you can definitely explore the map once it is downloaded. My maps are located in the following directory:
C:\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\map

hi i am just new and i am not sure how to post or reply right so sorry if this is not the place to reply , but i have aquestion. i got tt 3rd edtion for my birthday and wonderd if you can expaned thhr memory or not. thanks

Unfortunately, the TT1 3rd edition has only 1GB internal built-in memory and no SD slot. There is no way to easily expand the memory. I haven't heard yet of anyone braving actually taking one apart (since it will abviously void any warranty on the device) to see if you could upgrade that way.

If you delete these speech to text files will you still get the turn right 500 feet and other coommands from the TT1 or will it eliminate all the direction speech promps totally?

If you delete these speech to text files will you still get the turn right 500 feet and other coommands from the TT1 or will it eliminate all the direction speech promps totally?

The speech files are state related as well as one for Canada. In other words, delete csspeech_TX.dat and you won't hear any directions for Texas but every other state will have no problem.

Ask a Question