Default map screen at NY?

Every time I turn on my TT140S inside my house, the display location is at New York city. When I go to "Help Me" and check "Where am I?", I'm at my last location. Why doesn't my TT shows the map location at my last known location, but instead display a New York city location? Any way to fix this? :confused:

The key thing in your post was 'inside the house'. That certainly implies you are not getting a gps fix for the unit to determine where on the map you currently are. So, it's getting confused.

Wait for the gps fix and the issue should be resolved.

yes, I know that. But why can't it display my last know location? The info is there under "Where am I?". No big deal, just annoying....at least to me. :eek:

The last known location is determined by lat/long. If the unit can't pick up a gps signal, it can't determine the proper lat/long for placement.

Where Am I probably uses a different coding and the two components don't 'talk' to each other.

The last known location is determined by lat/long. If the unit can't pick up a gps signal, it can't determine the proper lat/long for placement.

Where Am I probably uses a different coding and the two components don't 'talk' to each other.

Does it default on your home location because inside my house without satalite connections it always show my Home but I really don't know. just thinking maybe without signal it uses EP on my 920????

I think all locations are by lat/long. I don't have the Home location setup so I don't know if it'll display the Home location instead of NY. Either way, it is very obvious that there is a default map location when there is no gps signal. I wonder if there is any way for user to set that location.

A few months ago, my 720 was in use in Britain with a Western_Europe map on a sdhc card.

When the unit came back home, I replaced the sdhc card with one containing my North America map. Clearly, the 'last known' location could not be plotted on the NA map. So, upon startup, I was in New York City as well with a black and white map.

As soon as the gps signal got captured, the map changed to colour and (correctly) placed me at my current (Home) location.

So yes there is a default location (NYC) which as far as I know is not user defineable.

Downtown Manhattan is the default location for the North America maps until the very first satellite fix. The Tomtom shouldn't be assigning you to that location poweron, unless it never had a chance to shut down properly.

Try using "Operate my ONE" within HOME to add a favorite. That sometimes clears up corruption in the mapsettings.cfg file that stores the "last known location" info.

Ask a Question