TOM TOM 335-T Default Program/Features

TomTom Model(s)
XL 335-T
Where can I find the Default Program and Features for TOM TOM 335-T? I tried to update my TOM-TOM today for the first time since I bought it 1.5 years ago and an error occured. I couldn't start up my TOM-TOM a Green Screen came. I'm mad.

I followed the directions on this

http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/minor_detail/a_id/15972/

I'm currently formating.

But will I be able to get my Lifetime Traffic Edition back and my Maps of U.S. Canada?

Where can I get the Default Program with the Features for all of this?

Thanks.

What exactly do you mean by "default program"? The one what came with it when you bought it?

Next, what exactly were you trying to update? The firmware? The map? Both?

Whether your map can be retrieved will be a result of what you've done so far. If you started with "Back up your device" as the support instructions require, you're *probably* in good shape. If you had already backed your unit up at some point before all of this happened, that would be a better starting point, but we'll work with what we've got.

Let us know when you are done with the format. Just be SURE that when you are done, and get to the "Manage my device" part, you do NOT delete any map information from your PC.

Lifetime traffic won't be an issue.

What exactly do you mean by "default program"? The one what came with it when you bought it?
yes

Next, what exactly were you trying to update? The firmware? The map? Both?

well i was doing the map. but since you mention firmware, i would like to do that also, but i do not know how.

Whether your map can be retrieved will be a result of what you've done so far. If you started with "Back up your device" as the support instructions require, you're *probably* in good shape. If you had already backed your unit up at some point before all of this happened, that would be a better starting oint, but we'll work with what we've got. ?

well I've backed up my device after i started encoutering problems

I backed up my device in two ways.

1.) through manage my device -> copy items to computer

2.) through backup and restore feature on Home page

But I backed up device after i started encoutering problems mentioned in first post.

Let us know when you are done with the format. Just be SURE that when you are done, and get to the "Manage my device" part, you do NOT delete any map information from your PC.

Lifetime traffic won't be an issue.

The formatting just finished after 3 hours.

ok I skipped remove old files from your computer.

I went to update my device and i get this error, this is what i got before also, I use windows 7 32 bit.

ERROR: HomeBase/IO: Error writing file: E:\data_lim.chk
@ .\portable\cfile.cpp(1953)
000003EE
in .\portable\cfile.cpp:1953
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/commit.js:81
error(textOrException);
1. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1060
this._commitFailed(i, commitPage);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:79
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
3. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:76
this._errorCallback(e);
4. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:68
this._errorFatal(error);

Time: Sun, 27 May 2012 01:36:09 GMT

Before you start attempting to do any sort of update, let's square away a couple of things.

1) Just in case .. are you on a PC or a Mac?
2) What kind of map update are we talking about here? Was this a simple MapShare update (changes), or the full 890 map that was just released?
3) If you answered the "full 890" above, then did you buy some sort of map subscription? Where was this map coming from? You say you have an XL335T. I'm only familiar with the 335SE, 335LE and 335LM. Only the last has a map subscription by default.

I'm asking all of this to figure out what where/why you had a map update coming so that we know whether it should automatically reload, or might have already been resident on your PC.

Before you start attempting to do any sort of update, let's square away a couple of things.

1) Just in case .. are you on a PC or a Mac?

PC with Windows 7 --- 32 Bit

2) What kind of map update are we talking about here? Was this a simple MapShare update (changes), or the full 890 map that was just released?

I am trying to update with these

1.) TomTom Application for TomTom XL IQ Routes Edition S - Version 8.415

2.) Mapshare

3.) Quick GPSfix

These are all Free

I don't know what you mean by full 890 map

3) If you answered the "full 890" above, then did you buy some sort of map subscription? Where was this map coming from?

This map is coming from Tom Tom home program -> Update my Device

You say you have an XL335T. I'm only familiar with the 335SE, 335LE and 335LM. Only the last has a map subscription by default.

I have this:

http://www.target.com/p/TomTom-XL-3...-Screen-Lifetime-Traffic-Updates/-/A-12923847

http://reviews.cnet.com/car-gps-navigation/tomtom-xl-335t-lifetime/4505-3430_7-34184220.html

I'm asking all of this to figure out what where/why you had a map update coming so that we know whether it should automatically reload, or might have already been resident on your PC.

I just installed home program. I am getting that error i posted above when i click update.

thanks.

ok I skipped remove old files from your computer.

I went to update my device and i get this error, this is what i got before also, I use windows 7 32 bit.

ERROR: HomeBase/IO: Error writing file: E:\data_lim.chk
000003EE
Stack:
error(textOrException);
this._errorCallback(e);
this._errorFatal(error);
Time: Sun, 27 May 2012 01:36:09 GMT

how do i get past this error. i still get it after i formatted?

You say "you still get it after I formatted". You shouldn't be trying to perform any updates yet, if that is what is causing that error, and I don't know what it is you are doing with Home (yet) that is causing this error. Is this happening while trying to download and install the 8.415 application? Don't accept any of the other updates until you have the application loaded.

Check the available space on your device, just as you would if it were a disk drive, with the files that have been loaded to it so far. I assume it appears as "Drive E" on your PC.

Ideally, once you format, ALL you want to pick up is the application using Home, then only after having done that, restore your map using Home if it will let you. We'll worry about the other updates once your unit is running again. Right now, we need to get this thing functioning as a GPS again.

NOTE: The latest application for your device is, I believe, 9.161. Home may install an earlier version first, then on a subsequent connection to Home, work you up to the latest version of the application.

Ok I was able to load the map update from Home but when i go to restore my original map i get this error

ERROR: HomeBase/IO: Error writing file: E:\North_America_P\tmccodes.dat
000003EE
Stack:
error(textOrException);
this._errorCallback(e);
this._errorFatal(error);

Time: Sun, 27 May 2012 16:49:56 GMT

i have to format it again this time i did quick format

and now i am going to install the map first.

If the MapShare update is being loaded TO your unit, there must already be a map in place. There's a reason to keep this as a step-by-step process, but keep us posted on what happens on your end.

If the MapShare update is being loaded TO your unit, there must already be a map in place. There's a reason to keep this as a step-by-step process, but keep us posted on what happens on your end.

? there is no map, i formatted it. i can't get the thing to start, its wiped clean.

i keep on getting the error codes above/.

new error

ERROR: HomeBase/IO: Error writing file: E:\North_America_P\North_America_P-143.meta
000003EE
Stack:
error(textOrException);
this._errorCallback(e);
this._errorFatal(error);
Time: Sun, 27 May 2012 17:36:54 GMT

Back to a previous question: WITHOUT the map folder on your unit (delete it again from your unit if necessary)... Check the available space on your device, just as you would if it were a disk drive, with the files that have been loaded to it so far. I assume it appears as "Drive E" on your PC.

I need to find out whether you are out of memory on your unit for some reason, or whether we are having a problem with data transfer to your unit. Each time you try to restore your map, you are getting errors, and we MUST pin down the cause for that.

Do NOT accept any updates from Home until we have a proper firmware + map on your unit.

Do NOT continue to format the unit. Once will have been enough.

Back to a previous question: WITHOUT the map folder on your unit (delete it again from your unit if necessary)... Check the available space on your device, just as you would if it were a disk drive, with the files that have been loaded to it so far. I assume it appears as "Drive E" on your PC.

I need to find out whether you are out of memory on your unit for some reason, or whether we are having a problem with data transfer to your unit. Each time you try to restore your map, you are getting errors, and we MUST pin down the cause for that.

Do NOT accept any updates from Home until we have a proper firmware + map on your unit.

Do NOT continue to format the unit. Once will have been enough.

i'm not out of memory. i got this error AFTER i formatted. i am trying the back up and restore feature now. i clicked restore. lets see what happens with this. this is being done after a "quick format" all memory free.

so how are we going to pin down the cause for the errors?

You tried to reload your with Home map right after you formatted? No application? Not the order I'd usually recommend, in fact, I'm surprised that Home even allows for that.

OK - bad choice of terms on my part. You may be somehow RUNNING out of memory during the restore process. Obviously, you're not out of memory after you format. It's what's happening during restore that concerns me. Without knowing what you're restoring, and in what order, and how much memory there is before you do it, I'm flying blind here.

As for USB connectivity issues ... with a unit with no content, you'll have the better part of 2GB available. Try copying a very large file or two (take your pick) that will occupy nearly that much memory to your device, then delete and try again a few times. We need to make sure that the problem isn't a USB issue before we worry over the error info you are getting. EACH error you have received from Home is Home telling you that it is unable to copy a file to your device.

Last edited:
I'm lost. What all did you do to get back in running order? Last I recall, we were still trying to assure your USB worked.

Ask a Question