TomTom XL 335 SE - Dropped Audio

Hi, I just bought a TomTom XL 3335-SE from Walmart today. When I got into my car, I opened the package. Everything was pretty good until about 15 minutes into the drive. The audio just randomly stopped working. My volume was set to 100% and I made sure mute was off, but there was still no audio. Even the voice testing didn't have any sound. When I got home, I just set my device to the side to have lunch.

By the time I finished, I decided to test out the device once more. This time everything works again. So my question is, "Do I have an defective model?" I've only had it for a day, so I'm not sure. It would be problematic if the audio drops on me again. Had anyone else experience a similar problems? If so, are there any permanent fixes?

Thanks in advance,
Bao

You don't know how long this particular unit has been sitting around the store and the battery could have run low. That sometimes causes problems with voice dropping. Once you charge the unit for a few hours (as you should right out of the box), try it again.

This is a model that ONLY Wal-mart sells. If the condition returns the next time you use it, return it as faulty as that is not supposed to happen.

Don't wait months to try it.

Last edited:
If you weren't using the car charger while you were riving home, then low battery is almost certainly the problem as dhn has said.
If you *were* then take it straight back for replacement.

TomTom's are not really designed to be used on battery power for any length of time (whatever their marketing department says!). Always use them with the supplied car charger.

Ask a Question