Restore to default - will latest map guarantee still apply ?

I've had my TomTom Go 530 for a few months now and have done some tinkering with it - added some voices, POI's, etc. I also took advantage of the latest map guarantee when I first got it.

Recently, though, I've been having all sorts of problems with it - it will freeze unexpectedly, will reboot itself for no reason and various other annoyances will occur. Because of this, I am thinking of resetting everything back to the default and starting again, so to speak - normally works well with my PC at home !

My question is, will the 'latest map guarantee' still apply ? i.e. when I go back to all of the defaults, will I still be able to upgrade to the latest map ? I've done a full backup just in case, but I'm worried that some of these issues may be caused by something I've added, so I don't want to restore from that backup, if possible.

Any help/advice gratefully received !

I've had my TomTom Go 530 for a few months now and have done some tinkering with it - added some voices, POI's, etc. I also took advantage of the latest map guarantee when I first got it.

Recently, though, I've been having all sorts of problems with it - it will freeze unexpectedly, will reboot itself for no reason and various other annoyances will occur. Because of this, I am thinking of resetting everything back to the default and starting again, so to speak - normally works well with my PC at home !

My question is, will the 'latest map guarantee' still apply ? i.e. when I go back to all of the defaults, will I still be able to upgrade to the latest map ? I've done a full backup just in case, but I'm worried that some of these issues may be caused by something I've added, so I don't want to restore from that backup, if possible.

Any help/advice gratefully received !

When you go back to the default settings you still have your map on the unit.. When you did the latest map guarantee it was downloaded on your computer so you will always have this. However, these problems you are tellling me will still occure because of the applicaltion updates that you did make. So far tomtom did not come up with a solution to these problems. Maybe in a future application update this reboot and freezing problem will be corrected but as of now their are no solutions and personally I don't think going back to default will solve this problem. Maybe others on this forum can help you better. Anyway, Good luck

...When you did the latest map guarantee it was downloaded on your computer so you will always have this. ...

hi doctormstein1

could you please shed me some light where (path or folder) in computer was the latest map downloaded
(i used Home and got directly installed in my unit)

thanks in advance

The map will be located in:
mydocuments\tomtom\home\download\complete\map

The GO 530 (European edition) can be made more stable by doing the downgrade described here. This doesn't apply to the XXL 530S (US edition), which is very stable with the latest application.

Ask a Question