Deadline for Maps Upgrade April 15

2 days left... unless of course someone can show me written proof TomTom extended it to April 13....

Hi everyone. I just wanted to thank everyone for the quick replies. I read through this entire thread and found it really useful and I learned how to check for the map version. Although with my situation, it's a bit more complicated, because my friend has my actual TomTom right now for a trip so I have to relay all this information and wait to hear for a reply.

I bought my TomTom ONE on March 24th. It says I have Map Version 660.1215. My friend entered the serial number once to check if the Map upgrade was available for us and I'm not sure what he found, but today when I tried purchasing it, I entered the 15-letter product code, and the Serial and it told me:

Remark
Your serial code is invalid.
No discount currently applies on your selection

And then I did it again and it said I could buy it for $49.95, and then I did it again to see if it would come up as free only w/ S&H and it doesnt even give me the $49.95 option. I'm thinking perhaps between my friend and I, we checked the serial number for our TomTom ONE a bit too much that it might've made it inactive. What do you guys think?

What should I do? Since I bought the ONE this month, does that mean I dont qualify for free Map Upgrades?

Hope you can help! Thank you so much.

This has happened before to other users. Just wait about 2 hours to try again. And... it SHOULD be free... worst case, call TomTom direct.

Good Luck!

That's what clubtomtom.com says... yet tomtom.com STILL shows March 31, 2007 as the deadline. I'd hate to be the guy trying to get this on April 2 cuz clubtomtom says April 15...

Is clubtomtom.com affiliated with TomTom? or is it another enthusiast site like TTF?

Tom Tom Maps

:confused: I just received my new maps for tom-tom 700 I installed U.S. and Canada. but I should have install North America. My question is can I installed North America maps now. I received an e-mail from TT that I should install North America maps that was about three weeks late. I heard that North America maps are seamless that you can go to state to state without changing maps.

That's what clubtomtom.com says... yet tomtom.com STILL shows March 31, 2007 as the deadline. I'd hate to be the guy trying to get this on April 2 cuz clubtomtom says April 15...

Is clubtomtom.com affiliated with TomTom? or is it another enthusiast site like TTF?

Yes Battom, clubtomtom.com is the blog for TomTom NA.;)

Check your map version to be sure, but I bet you need to update... if you don't PLEASE let us know... if you do need to update... follow the info in my signature. (and obviously in this thread)

Bought my 510 at WalMart on 2/5/07 and the latest map version (665.1293) was already installed.

i bought my 510 on the 9th of april from walmart
and ordered the new maps
but i just checked my 510 and it already has
the 665.1293
im glad i ordered the map tho because the 910 i ordered from
dell might not have the new map.. should know mon. because
its only 15 miles from the house just sitting in the sorting facility
according to the tracking # :D

i bought my 510 on the 9th of april from walmart
and ordered the new maps
but i just checked my 510 and it already has
the 665.1293
im glad i ordered the map tho because the 910 i ordered from
dell might not have the new map.. should know mon. because
its only 15 miles from the house just sitting in the sorting facility
according to the tracking # :D

It's probably not likely the 910 whould have the new maps, so I would say its a good thing you did order the maps. It's only $6 only which is pretty cheap.

It looks like they pushed back the deadline AGAIN

TomTom GO 910, GO 510 and ONE customers in North America will not be charged for the new maps during the update period of December 20, 2006 through June 15, 2007.

All other TomTom customers are eligible for the new maps at the specially discounted price of $49.95 plus S & H through June 15, 2007.

Ask a Question