Creating a POI to upload for everyone (Pedro?)

Good Afternoon,

I would like to create a POI to upload for everyone to use for Ninety Nine rest.
How would I go about this as far as what size and software to use for the icon (preferably free) creating a zip file, a POI warning, and last but not least uploading to the web site?

Thanks, I got many poi's from here and would like to contribute!

Are you interested of making the POI or have you made it?
The easiest and unreliable method of making POIs is using MyPOI.
You can search for it using google.
I make POI alerts by a text to speech program I have on my laptop and then covert the file into a .ogg file for the tomtom.
The icon I make by locating a logo of some sort using google images and using Paint to edit it etc.
Let me know how I can help.

I downloaded MyPoi and unzipped it to a folder called MyPoi, but I do not see any .exe files. only class, bitmap,and gif. Don't know where to go from here? I have not created the file yet. The first one I want to do is for Ninety Nine restaurants. THANKS MUCH

This is how I did it...

Sure this is somewhere on the site but here is how I did it...

Just followed the steps here: http://www.tomtom.com/lib/doc/TomTomTips/index.html?poi_set_using_makeov2.htm

To make my POI set I created a excel file of all the location addresses and phone numbers if I could find them.

Then I used this website to geo code the list addresses to co-ordinates: http://www.batchgeocode.com/

I then put them in the correct order and made sure everything was in the correct format and downloaded the tools from tomtom to create the ov2 file.

Ask a Question