Creating POI files

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Go 740
I am using Google Earth to create a KML file and when I do a search for say AutoZone, it will bring up a list of the AutoZones in my area like it is supposed to.....but when I save all of that into a KML file it will only have one location listed....is there something that Im missing or not doing right????? Any help would be greatly appreciated.....thanks in advance

After you do a search and it shows many locations, you will see these in groups of 10 in the search pane. at the bottom of the search pane, you'll see the other groups of 10 numbered. by clicking on each number you open that group of 10 also in the search pane.

then if you right click on the header for each group of 10 and select "save to my places" that and succeeding groups of 10 will be added to "my places"

then save the "my places" as .kml and you should see them all.

NOTE: delete everything from "my places" before you start.

this is a bit tedious, but the only way I've been able to save a large list as a poi.

After you do a search and it shows many locations, you will see these in groups of 10 in the search pane. at the bottom of the search pane, you'll see the other groups of 10 numbered. by clicking on each number you open that group of 10 also in the search pane.

then if you right click on the header for each group of 10 and select "save to my places" that and succeeding groups of 10 will be added to "my places"

then save the "my places" as .kml and you should see them all.

NOTE: delete everything from "my places" before you start.

this is a bit tedious, but the only way I've been able to save a large list as a poi.

Just wanted to thank you for the help....I gave it a try using gogle earth and everything works great and does exactly what I want it to do....Ive already loaded my 740 up with poi locations.....thanks again for the help....

Ask a Question