Copy POI's from one XXL540 to another XXL540

Hope you can help. I have two XXL540's. I have created a new POI category and list of POI on one XXL. What is the best way to copy the new POI category and POI details to the other XXL? Thank you for any assistance. regards

Simply use Explorer to copy the custom .ov2 (and associated .bmp file if you created that as well) from the specific map folder on unit 1 to the specific map folder on unit 2.

Then, in unit 2, remember to Manage pois-->Show on map and select the ones you created.

Thank you for this info. It sounds too easy. I have created a POI category titled "Club" and added approx 100 POI destinations on tomtom unit one. Do I just drag (copy) the "Club" file from unit one map directory to the unit two map directory? Or do I create a category named Club on the unit two and copy of the files into the file named Club on the second unit?
I am new to tomtom and still learning how to use all the features. So far so good. Thanks for your assistance.

No need to create the category. Just drag club.ov2 from unit 1 to unit 2.

The name you give the file ('Club') is the category

No, it really is that easy! ;)

I wrote this this morning but didn't press "send", so dhn has answered already, but I might as well post it! :rolleyes:
------------------

In the 'named' map folder ("North America", "Western Europe" or whatever yours is called, you'll find a file called "Clubs.ov2" (or "clubs.ov2") - that's all your data. Just copy that to the same map folder on the other unit.

there will also be a file called "Clubs.bmp" - that's the little icon/picture you chose, so you should copy that over too.
------------------------------------------

Also, in case you didn't know and were using one of the standard icons, if you want you can make your own as well.
If you can find the club logo or other suitable picture that can be reduced down to 22x22 pixels in size, save it (in bitmap picture format) as "Clubs.bmp"

-----------------------------------
(By the way, as this is a specific question rather then a general "hello" I'll move it to the "ONE/START/EASE/XL/XXL" section).

Last edited:

Ask a Question