Computer does not allow install

Hello!
I'm new to all of this, but I have I hope a silly question. As I attempt to install Nav5 using the Application and user manual CD on my Win XP machine for my Palm, I get 2 messages:

Error message: "Could not find the Palm Installer library InstAide.dll"

Next message:
"Your computer does not support the devices for which there are applications in this package. Please install the supporting software first and run Setup again. Setup will now end."

and the install program ends...what gives?

All of my Palm and Win XP software are up to date...

The program Instaide.dll is in my C:\Palmone folder

It's been a while since Navigator 5 was released, and without first hand knowledge I do not have a first hand knowledge if my thoughts on this will work, but I will give it a shot.

Have you updated your Palm software yet? Since the error is specific to the Palm Installer Library, downloading the latest version of the Palm OS Desktop might help solve your problem. It may also be a problem with the version 5 installer. You may want to install Tomtom Home and see if it works with your Navigator 5 setup.

That file(Instaide.dll) is in the c:\program files\Palm directory on my machine, so you probably just need to update the Palm Desktop to solve your problem.

Hello!
I'm new to all of this, but I have I hope a silly question. As I attempt to install Nav5 using the Application and user manual CD on my Win XP machine for my Palm, I get 2 messages:

Error message: "Could not find the Palm Installer library InstAide.dll"

Next message:
"Your computer does not support the devices for which there are applications in this package. Please install the supporting software first and run Setup again. Setup will now end."

and the install program ends...what gives?

All of my Palm and Win XP software are up to date...

The program Instaide.dll is in my C:\Palmone folder

Thanks!!
After reinstalling the new desktop and after 2 hotsyncs I am able to get the software running on my LifeDrive!

I haven't connected the GPS yet...too late tonight...

Thanks again!

Ask a Question