Computer Crashed!

TomTom Model(s)
GO 910, ONE V2, GO 920 GO 730 & iPad TT App
My computer at home crashed and I had to reformat it. I didn't make up any of my files. All my documents are gone!
I was working on updating Red Light Cameras for Dallas, Northern Cali & Los Angeles. That information is gone now. :mad: I'm going to stat over again wit this project.
I just need to vent.

My computer at home crashed and I had to reformat it. I didn't make up any of my files. All my documents are gone!
I was working on updating Red Light Cameras for Dallas, Northern Cali & Los Angeles. That information is gone now. :mad: I'm going to stat over again wit this project.
I just need to vent.

Sorry to hear that. Have had 3 crashes on a HP I got in Feb.,and am working on migrating everytng over to a new drive. - but I did not loose anything. It is generally something on the drive that corrupts files, and unless the disk is totally dead (which would not be the case if you were able to reformat it), there are many ways to work around it to not loose all your files. It is probably too late now, although there are some recovery software packages that are able to recover fiies from a reformatted disk (except were thry have been over-written)

There were some corrupted files. It was in the night and I just reformatted my c drive because it was the easiest way to solve the problem. I have my hard drives partition and keep everything I need in those so I had to worries to reformat my C drive. However, when I was in the middle of it, I realized that I forgot about my documents and POIs. I didn't have them on the other drives.

Use Getdataback for NTFS or FAT, I can really recommmend it, even if the drive has lost it partition info I can still recover 95%, also if the drive is formatted and that sort of things ;)

Ask a Question