channel crossing

I wish to use my tom tom one to provide my lat long on a channel crossing, I know how to display the lat long, but will it still work when I am offshore ie off the England map?

Is yours just a map of UK or Western Europe?

What map happen is that you'll see the car icon on what is essentially a map of water. If you go to help->where am I, you should see a screen with the lat/long showing.

I wish to use my tom tom one to provide my lat long on a channel crossing, I know how to display the lat long, but will it still work when I am offshore ie off the England map?
Yes. Just go to the satellite status screen (you evidently already know how to do that). The current latitude/longitude can be displayed there in your choice of 3 different notations (dd.mmmmm, dd mm.mmm or dd mm ss).

Thanks for the responses, I have the uk map and I am going to buy the French map as it will be helpful anyway, I just wanted to check it would still work for the lat and long out at sea.

Ask a Question