Only one channel of line out working

There is a little problem with my line out of my 730. I only have one channel that is working. If I tip the connected minijack a litlle bit with my fingers, I might get both channels for a while. So I thought the cable was bad, but it isn?t. With another cable I get the same problem. It must be the 3,5 mm outlet of my 730. I guess this can be fixed if you bend the contacts a little bit to optimize contacts.
I see there are 2 torx screws to open it. T6 or T7 I guess, for which I don?t have the screwdriver for at home. So my question is, if I unscrew these, do I have easy access to the the 3,5 mm outlet?

In the first post here is a link to a tutorial in taking a 720 apart (same hardware as a 730) for the purpose of replacing the battery.

However, you may see in the photos info you need regarding the jack. worth a shot.

Thanks for the link. Very helpful. The outlet is as far I can see soldered on the pcb in a closed housing. So it will still be hard to get inside to bend the contacts.
I will open it tomorrow at work and go from there. :)

Ask a Question