Changing Battery

I finally got the 4 tamper proof screws out but there seem to be something else holding the bottom togather. I am afraid to put too much pressure because I might break something.

Is there some place that I can go to to find out how to change batteries in the tom-tom Rider one.
Thank you very much.
thad

I finally got the 4 tamper proof screws out but there seem to be something else holding the bottom togather. I am afraid to put too much pressure because I might break something.

Is there some place that I can go to to find out how to change batteries in the tom-tom Rider one.
Thank you very much.
thad

Someone has had to have changed the battery in there Rider-share guys.

I just want to point out that everywhere I went it lists the replacement battery as a flat pack. It isn't-it's a round battery. So be careful

I ended up using a go 510 battery and cutting the wires in order to change the tips. NO,---I don't like spliced wires but what can you do?

I ordered 5 different batteries and had to return them. I also ordered a Zumo 550 simply because of TomTom customer support.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has thought of this, but why didn't Tom Tom create a removable battery for its GPS products? (Like they do for cell phones.)

I mean the battery life on these things are around 2-3 hours which, when you think about it, is counter intuitive when people are making road trips that last longer than two hours, for example.

Sure, there is the car charger that comes with it, but in some ways it's inelegant and gets in the way when driving.

I never use my battery, well except when the dang unit wont remain turned off. Otherwise, it's hardwired to the bike.

On the zumo550... I'm beginning to wish I had done the same. Just too many quirks and a real lack of stability.

Ask a Question