TomTom GO 300 - Changing the Battery

Has anyone had experiance in changing the battery on the Go 300? if so, what was the degree of difficulty? and how do you remove the covers? I cannot see any visible screws.
There are a couple of types of batteries on ebay recommended for TOMTOM, anyone had any bad incidents of damage to the charging componants in the TOMTOM unit?
Would appreciate any information.

stuartb

Hi Zerimar,
Thanks for that site, have checked it out, very good photo's and hint at the bottom, can you give me any hints on removing the 'silver' bezel without damaging it, eg, any particular place to put the screwdriver and do you insert a small screwdriver blade and twist it to prise the bezel away from the black cover housing?
stuartb

My unit is a 910 and I have totally no idea on how the 300's bezel is mounted. I would only asume that since it is from the same manufacturer they would be almost the same. The bezel is made of soft but breakable plastic. On my 910 it came out easily by slowly inserting my fingernail between case and bezel. Always use only plastic tools when removing or prying apart plastic parts. If you're planning to use a plastic knife, be sure it's one without the serated (if I spelled that correctly) blade.

Hi zerimar,
Thanks for your quick response, I have managed to get the bezal off using your method. The information has been most useful in changing the Battery.

You're most welcome. Glad to know that you'll be having your 300 up and running soon. I travel a lot and our company cars have built-in nav systems but I rely on my 910 when travellling by plane and then renting a car.

Changed the battery in my GO Classic

I had a dead battery on my GO Classic. I bought a new one on eBay and replaced it myself.

Not to hard .... just make sure you have a torx screwdriver and take your time. There was quite a bit of disassembly / reassembly but nothing that was too hard.

Good Luck

Ask a Question