Can't Install latest Home Critical Update.

Don't know what the problem is but when i open tomtom home it tells me that it needs a critical update. so i click continue. then it crashes. Any one else have this problem? And oh yea, i went to the website to dl the newest home application, installed it and it still wanted to be updated. so i clicked continue and it crashed. Then i uninstalled it completely and re downloaded it. ran it and it wanted to be updated so i clicked continue...guess what...it crashed. Any help?

Dave

Do you have dot net framework installed on your unit? (check in Control Panel-->Add Remove Programs).

If not, get it from here, install and then try the Home installation again.

The .net framework not being there could CERTAINLY be a culprit.

My guess is it's there and corrupted or needs repairing, as I would ASSuME that if it weren't there, Home would detect that on a clean install and go ahead and install it, or at least prompt that it should be installed, no?

Grumpy....you give Home much more credit than it is due.

When Home has an issue -- and it tends to have many -- the most convoluted, obtuse messages appear.

corrupt files

You should also do the following and it MAY repair the files in your tomtom. When connected to home, go to my computer and right click on properties. Go to the tool tab and the to file repair. THen check both boxes and run the repair. See if this helps at alll Good luck

Yea i tried a bunch of that stuff. Obviously since nobody is having this issue it must be with my computer. So i started in safe mode with networking and installed the program. Worked just fine. Thanks for the help.

Ask a Question