Can't Get TT Home to Recognize my 510

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
I recently bought a TT 510 and installed the latest version of TT Home (2.3.1.40) on my G5 Power Mac (OS X 10.5.3). When I docked the 510, TT Home recognized it and suggested downloading four updates (system, maps, GPS, phone). I downloaded and installed the updates and watched the firmware being updated on the 510 screen. Everything works great, EXCEPT:

Now, I can't get TT Home to recognize the 510. I've tried turning the 510 on and off, re-plugging the USB cable, putting the 510 on/off the dock, re-booting TT Home, but nothing seems to work. Any time I select a TT Home option, a window opens, suggesting that I connect a TT device and then turn it on.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Al F.

Update: I don't know what I did differently, but after repeating the above sequence, TT Home now recognizes my 510.

Last edited:
Do you see the device on your computer (not using home)? If not, you might reset it (careful where you stick the paper clip - a lot of people put it into the wrong spot - check the forum for that or the TomTom FAQ section on their website.

That may clear it up - always worth a try.

Opps - did not see that you had it sorted out already.

Ask a Question