Cannot Reload Map

Hello,

I have a 720 that returned from service (usb port probs) and connected it to HOME 2.5.2.60. It prompted me that Navcore 8.300 was available. I went to install it, but backed up my map first, just to be safe. Now, I didn't back up the whole unit, and realize now that it was a mistake. After 8.3 installed the unit reset and said that the Map (North_America_2GB 710.1584) was not usable on this device. So, then I removed the map and tried to reinstall it via home with 8.3 on the device. That didn't work, so I removed 8.3 and installed 8.1 that I found on one of the forums. No worky there either. Numerous attempts, involving just extracting the map .zip file to the unit, to no prevail. Any help would be appreciated as I am waiting on a reply from TomTom support.

Thanks folks.

Try a pin reset. If that doesn't work, here's a link to older application versions. 7.481 is the second one. Download and install it and see if it works.

First, make a full Explorer backup of your unit's contents.

Well, TomTom support got back with me. Due to the troubles I am having they offered to compensate me by upgrading me for free to v8.10 of the NA_2GB map. Now, I just need to get it to download.

Hopefully, this loads.

Well, it worked. Thanks TomTom! I will back it up promptly. Also, does 810.1907 have Advance Lane Guidance?

With firmware 8x, yes, ALG does exisit.....BUT........only in some regions in the States. Nowhere in Canada.

Ask a Question