Cannot get "Operate My Go" to work

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom GO 920
I bought my TomTom GO 920T yesterday and everything was working fine. I received all the available map/software updates via the TomTom Home software without problem. After all that, I even added some POI's and Favorites via the "Operate My Go" feature.

I'm running TomTom HOME version 2.2.2.83.

Today, I docked my TomTom and went to "Operate My Go" so I could add some more POI's for my upcoming vacation. Now every time I click on the link I get "An error has occurred" and "You have chosen to cancel" (which I haven't).

I have completely un-installed and re-installed the TomTom HOME2 software, as well as reset the TomTom 920T unit. Thus far I've had no luck getting this feature to work again. Can someone shed some light on what needs to be done in order to fix the issue.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Last edited:
I bought my TomTom GO 920T yesterday and everything was working fine. I received all the available map/software updates via the TomTom Home software without problem. After all that, I even added some POI's and Favorites via the "Operate My Go" feature.

Today, I docked my TomTom and went to "Operate My Go" so I could add some more POI's for my upcoming vacation. Now every time I click on the link I get "An error has occurred" and "You have chosen to cancel" (which I haven't).

I have completely un-installed and re-installed the TomTom HOME2 software, as well as reset the TomTom 920T unit. Thus far I've had no luck getting this feature to work again. Can someone shed some light on what needs to be done in order to fix the issue.

When something strange like that happens, my first reaction is that it's probably a TomTom server problem. I'd simply try again in a couple of hours .... or tomorrow.

have had a tomtom 920t for over a year, was told there was a update so it done its usual stuff and updated. same problem as you now connects to the pc fine but will not let me operate my tom tom while in cradle?

its saying NOTE: "this function is not yet supported for tour navigation device or operating system"

Tried everything but wont let me operate go which is needed to secure with password

The firmware update to 8.301 wrecked the ability to Operate My Go. Hopefully, a patch will appear soon (or, the creation of a .dll file that will re-enable that functionality).

If you've a backup at the 8.30 level, then just remove 8.301 and restore 8.300

Operating System Update Disabled "Operate My GO"

I installed the new operating system identified in the Update function as recommended. Now my GO 930 will not operate from my PC. It is also very slow on any interface such as updating MapShare. I will contact TomTom Support tomorrow (they are not open now).

could someone post the 8.300 navcore for us? Do we just unzip and copy over to the unit and reset?
The main differences comparing the 8.300 cab to the 8.301 is that the 8.30 had some birthday files in the TomTom-Cfg folder and the ttsystem file

leftovers from 8.301 would be release.nfo in the TomTom-Cfg folder and the fleetecd folder

You may however want to keep the fleetecd folder as it looks like all navcore's will be having this snuck in there.
Leaving the release.nfo file will also not harm anything.

The birthday files in the TomTom-Cfg folder are still there so you don't need to replace

Long story short:
To revert you only need to replace ttsystem with the one in the 8.300 cab
Note: You may also need to copy over ttgo.bif but I think it will correct it's self with ver info

Be sure to disable TomTom home first and then copy over using explorer.

You can also use the DOS expand command to do this if you don't want to install something like WinRAR to extract the files:
Run this command in the folder you have download the cab file to
expand navcore_8.300.9732.go530-go730-go930.cab -F:ttsystem C:\

or enter in the cab's path
expand "C:\My Downloads\navcore_8.300.9732.go530-go730-go930.cab" -F:ttsystem C:\

This will just extract ttsystem to the C:\ Drive

Last edited:

Ask a Question