Cannot control the 720 from Computer

TomTom Model(s)
GO 510
My Go520 was finaly replaced by a Refurbished Go720 and I have problems

- Tomtom Home request a valaidation activation number, there is none in the package i received, where can I have an activation number?

- Impossible to manipulate the Go720 from the computer, I use TomTom HOme 2.6.2 and the firmware is 8.302, is it related to the missing activation or what is the problem can you manipulate your 720 from the computer? How, please explain what I am doing wrong

- Save and restore also dont work

Thanks
Francois

Last edited:
I suspect the problem may be that you are trying to log into TomTom using Home with the email address (user name) associated with the old unit.

I suggest you create a new user_id with a different email address and associate the 720 with this user name. Now change the email address to the new one in Home's Tools-->Preferences (I think the setting is there, it's somewhere) and log in.

See if things go better this time.

I updated the account to the new model, No change
I created a new account with an other email address No change

The 720 is seen by the computer, I can see what is inside and i can copy the content to the computer but impossible to manipulate and save and restore
That is very strange
Francois

At this precise moment, TomTom's servers are down. That may be the crux of the problem.

Wait a while and tryy logging in with Home again in an hour or so.

I found the problem and now control from computer and save and restore work
It was the USB driver, for an unknowned reason he 720 was using the 520 driver and did not install a new driver results some functions work and some dont
Now everything works fine
Thanks to all
Francois

Well, that's weird because the units don't need drivers as I understand.

Be that as it may, glad things are ok for you now.

They use drivers, but not TOMTOM drivers , Microsoft Generic mass storage drivers and they are differents versions of these mass storage drivers, In my case I have 3 of them, one for the external HD , one for the card reader which is on my printer and one for the tomtom
If you look at your device mnagers you will see one appearing under mass storage name when you connect your tomtom
Thanks for your help
Francois:)

Ask a Question