Canadian newb here

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
Just bought myself a Tomtom GO 720 ($150 off at Future Shop) as a Christmas gift to myself. I opened it early of course.

I'm finding it works quite well, although the local map is a bit out of date (yes, I downloaded the 1.3GB map update -- took me almost an hour), and there are a few roads near me that it doesn't know about, I'm quite enjoying it.

PS, yes I've been noting and submitting those new roads although I guess I'll have to wait 6mo+ for them to show up. Oh well. Two of them I use several times a week.

I'm a Linux geek at heart and work professionally as a programmer and network administrator on Linux systems and networks so I quite plan on hacking away at my Tomtom unit as well.

My wife has already complained of the position of the unit on the windshield (quite low, but she's shorter than I am), so I'm looking into a good dash-mount solution (high quality, seamless for my 2005 G6 GT).

Nice to meet you all.

Ask a Question