Canadian Map Store OPEN !!!!

sab

TomTom Model(s)
540M XXL
It is now open on the Canadian side of the TomTom web site and there is a sale.

It shows the new map for my XL would cost me $49.73 Canadian tax in.

I'm still not sure it is worth it though but for those Canadians with really old maps, that's a pretty good deal.

It's the first time in over two years it has been open.

Mind you, in testing it out, it would NOT accept my email address that is registered at TomTom for my 720. I think it initially expects a .com email address......:(

But in carrying through the test, it did NOT seem to want to send me to the Netherlands pay server where the 20% VAT is automatically added.

So, maybe (finally) an early Christmas present from TomTom to us Canucks. Now, if they'd just put ALG on Canadian maps ....................:eek:

Interesting. They're calling it the "Grand Opening".

There's an "Original Map Update" offer that updates all maps on the device to the latest version for $62.95. That's a steal for owners of the 9xx series or World Traveler series as that includes maps for both US & European continents.

Only available to Canadian billing addresses, so us Americans can be jealous for a change.

Interesting. They're calling it the "Grand Opening".

There's an "Original Map Update" offer that updates all maps on the device to the latest version for $62.95. That's a steal for owners of the 9xx series or World Traveler series as that includes maps for both US & European continents.

Only available to Canadian billing addresses, so us Americans can be jealous for a change.

actually

Subtotal: $62.95
Shipping: $0.00
Tax: $5.28
Total: $49.34
Discount: $45.89

for my 920 ,I couldn't pass it up for under $50 .:D

Last edited:
Well, it's better than nothing, no doubt. But if a Canadian wants to buy a map other than the two offered (for example, the New Zealand map which I purchased last year), there is no option to get it.

So, for now, the store is, uh, partially opened..............:D

As I am unable to actually see what version map this deal would offer, I have the 8.15 map on my TTR2, shall I assume it will provide me with the North America 2GB v8.40?

If that is the case, the 44 Cdn clams is a great deal and i will order it.

Cheers!

Yes it is the 840 map.

Quick question, I had the larger POI files in my earlier map (815). Is there any way to transfer these to my new map??

As I am unable to actually see what version map this deal would offer, I have the 8.15 map on my TTR2, shall I assume it will provide me with the North America 2GB v8.40?

If that is the case, the 44 Cdn clams is a great deal and i will order it.

Cheers!

Yes,its v8.40
2754d1261599819-canadian-map-store-open-tomtom.jpg

was definitely worth the upgrade for me,as I was running NA715.1712

Just checked the actual size of the folder on my Computer (where it downloaded to before being installed) and its 1.72 GB so is that the 2GB map?

Attachments

• tomtom.jpg
    tomtom.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 490
Last edited:
Nope. Seems you got the full blown North America map (which you should for that model).

Now, two things: 1) Update to application 8.351 to take advantage of the IQ routing data in the map and
2) Do an Explorer, not Home, backup after the application update.

Mind you, in testing it out, it would NOT accept my email address that is registered at TomTom for my 720. I think it initially expects a .com email address......:(
Right, I just tried to purchase the NA map and it would not accept my @sympatico.ca address.
But in carrying through the test, it did NOT seem to want to send me to the Netherlands pay server where the 20% VAT is automatically added.
How did you manage to Login to carry on to get to the final amount?

Unless others have seen an invoice with the final I am not so sure that the VAT is waived, as Digital River, the seller of the map is, a Luxembourg registered company, displaying their LU VAT number.

View attachment 2755

Last edited:
Although it is very god, it is not as good as it seemed to you.
The USA&Canada map (no mention of North America or Mexico) is $ 62.95.
The Western Europe map (not the original Western & Central Europe) is $ 69.95.

Now if they would accept my eMail address with the largest Canadian ISP I would be buying the USA&Canada map.

I used a gmail account I have that ends in .com.

The screen capture you show is worrisome, Arno. I didn't take it that far, just to the screen showing the full amount in Canadian dollars. The next screen was the credit card information, so I stopped.

But, if you look at other posts in this thread, you'll see other Canucks DID purchase North American maps and no mention of 20% VAT.

Further the map store says it'll be able to figure out the proper map for your unit and one poster here apparently DID get the (proper) full blown North America map for his 930.

1) Update to application 8.351 to take advantage of the IQ routing data in the map and 2) Do an Explorer, not Home, backup after the application update.
hmm...I'm not offered an app update?I've updated it before using Home ,so it should be there ?And yeah definitely gonna do an Explorer backup (which I also did before upgrading the MAP) :D

I used a gmail account I have that ends in .com.

The screen capture you show is worrisome, Arno. I didn't take it that far, just to the screen showing the full amount in Canadian dollars. The next screen was the credit card information, so I stopped.

But, if you look at other posts in this thread, you'll see other Canucks DID purchase North American maps and no mention of 20% VAT.

Further the map store says it'll be able to figure out the proper map for your unit and one poster here apparently DID get the (proper) full blown North America map for hi I had to make a s 930.

That screen capture is just
DR globalTech Inc., is the authorized reseller and merchant providing e-commerce services for this store
and is nothing to worry about IMO.Mine went through fine.

ARNO are you following this link TomTom, Inc. Online Store - Welcome or throughTTHome?
I had to use the create a new account and then just entered the code they provide into TTHOME using the TThome default account (even though the email addie was different)

hmm...I'm not offered an app update?I've updated it before using Home ,so it should be there ?And yeah definitely gonna do an Explorer backup (which I also did before upgrading the MAP) :D

Go to "Manage my GO" and remove the app from the device and all app copies from your computer. Then go to "Update my GO" and it should download/install 8.351

Dhn, the current applicaton for a Rider is 7.901, I dont think anything higher than that works on them. I could be wrong. I just plugged in and I did get an update to the latest HOME, but nothing for the application.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Go to "Manage my GO" and remove the app from the device and all app copies from your computer. Then go to "Update my GO" and it should download/install 8.351

*just did all that and then happened to look at the screenshot I did earlier ,I already had 8.351 :eek: .I guess I didn't update my sig when 8.351 came out .:eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:
I went to log in on the payment page, using my normal log in and it said my email was not a valid email address.

I just used the exact same email and password and set up a new acct without difficulty. It only shows the price in Cdn and GST, no PST.

I am currently copying my current SD card to a separate file using Explorer prior to actually purchasing a new map....just in case.

Will give it a go tomorrow.

Cheers!

I went to log in on the payment page, using my normal log in and it said my email was not a valid email address.

I just used the exact same email and password and set up a new acct without difficulty. It only shows the price in Cdn and GST, no PST.

I am currently copying my current SD card to a separate file using Explorer prior to actually purchasing a new map....just in case.

Will give it a go tomorrow.

Cheers!
Just a heads up,I was never given the option of where it installed the map too when I downloaded it ,I had wanted it to go to my SD card,but it installed to the internal.Luckily all went well and although I have the old map backed up to my computer I really don't think I'm going to need it ,so I'm not too upset to have the new map on Internal.

Ask a Question