Cheaper Maps for Canadians

dhn

TomTom Model(s)
Go 50; Go 520
On the Canadian TomTom web site, the appropriate North American version of the map is now $53.97 while the Western Europe is $59.97, both prices reflect a 40% savings (up from an initial %30 when the Canadian map site started working [finally] a couple of weeks ago).

How long these savings will last, who knows? What's somewhat unusual is the fact that Tom Tom normally does not start discounting existing maps unitil just a couple of weeks before the next update is due. But in this case, we're still a good 6 weeks away from the next scheduled release.

Canadian site said:
The Original Map Update is valid for one map download on any TomTom GPS device. The Original Map Update will update your currently installed and in-use map. The map download will vary by device, and offer the most up-to-date map available.
I wonder if this will update to the newest N.A. map version 8.40, going for approx $60 cdn on the UK site.
This for the ONE XL and is a whole $7 difference.

Right now, you can get a North American map on the Canadian site for cheaper than the same map shows on the US site. Nice change.......:p

I notice from your sig line that you have map 710. Might be a good time to: a) update your application to the latest and b) upgrade to map 840 for your unit.

I got an email notice from TomTom yesterday that the current maps were now on sale up to 40% off.

Just went to the US site and the NA_2GB map is $54.97 US. On the Canadian site, it is $53.95 Canadian.

Nah, nah, .............;)

Well, since you you're getting the white stuff today, I guess you can sing that! :)

(nice voice, Gator!)

Probably 90% sleet and 10% snow. Barely worth a mention. You guys would call it a good day for a picnic.

That's good to hear. I thought you Manitobans wouldn't let a little thing like 2 feet of snow stop your biking... :p

Well, my VISA statement just came in at CAD 49.78.
That is 51 % + 2 cents off the list price of 89.95.
The amount is exactly as per invoice including total tax amount shown (8 % + 5 % in Ontario).

rcacs, You drive a Wee! Same here but about 10 time less mileage than you... ;)

How did you guys ended-up with a price of $46.26 and $49.78 when the special price is at $53.97? When I reach check-out, it's at $60.92 with tax.

Thanks

I'm thinkin they have a wheel they spin....mine landed on 46.26.

Cheers!
It was thinking it may have to do with the exchange rate too, as I posted mine from the other thread.
Apparently thats USD as I got a $50.77 charge on my CC ,it shows $49.34 USD charged by TomTom]

but the numbers still don't quite work out ,although its still an awesome deal ,compared to what we would have been paying prior to the Mapstore opening.

Last edited:
Breakdown :
Subtotal: $62.95
Shipping: $0.00
Tax: $5.28
Total: $49.34 USD

It appears the Tax is the difference,although I can't figure out why my CC was charged in USD.

Last edited:
Breakdown :
Subtotal: $62.95
Shipping: $0.00
Tax: $5.28
Total: $49.34 USD

It appears the Tax is the difference,although I can't figure out why my CC was charged in USD.
You should contact your Credit Card company..
Your total taxes are 12 % making it the same $ 44.06 net price for the map as I paid.

My credit card statement list a single line, not the triple lines used for purchases in foreign currency.

Ask a Question