Canadian mobile phone provider

Hi,

I'm have a Tomtom Go 720 and i want to know which mobile phone and service mobile phone provider (Bell,Videotron,Rogers,Fido or Telus) works with the hands-free calling option. Do you have a answer for me. I'm located in quebec, canada.

Thanks

Rogers and Fido are the only GSM networks in Canada, I assume both should work fine (Fido is actually a Rogers company). I am using Rogers with no problem (TomTom920T in Vancouver)

I am not sure about the CDMA networks (Telus, Bell).

BR, Chip

as important as the provider is the phone itself: some phones work with the TT, others don't. check here to find compatible phones

So Telus is out of the picture for tomtom services!

No TELUS phones will work with the TomTom. However it's not so much the carrier but rather the phone itself. Just like when buying a bluetooth earpiece, not all of them will work as well as others may. The same thing applies to the TomTom. The link above shows tested phones that work with the TomTom and shows which features are supported.

An option you may wish to try is maybe going to a store FutureShop or Best Buy and ask them if you can try out this feature with one of the demo units they have on display. Better still, you can buy one and if you don't like it you can return it for a full refund within 30 days.

Vager

An option you may wish to try is maybe going to a store FutureShop or Best Buy and ask them if you can try out this feature with one of the demo units they have on display.
Unfortunately, it may work in-store but after connecting at home work intermittently [as did my E71]

Better still, you can buy one and if you don't like it you can return it for a full refund within 30 days.
Most definitely the way to go.

No TELUS phones will work with the TomTom. However it's not so much the carrier but rather the phone itself. Just like when buying a bluetooth earpiece, not all of them will work as well as others may. The same thing applies to the TomTom. The link above shows tested phones that work with the TomTom and shows which features are supported.

An option you may wish to try is maybe going to a store FutureShop or Best Buy and ask them if you can try out this feature with one of the demo units they have on display. Better still, you can buy one and if you don't like it you can return it for a full refund within 30 days.

Vager

Thank you all for the input, one consultation is that leter on i can purchase the FM receiver from TT for around $100 US but other than there is no other option as i love my tt730 and it's features,one day as per tt support they'll support telus wireless data!

Cheers.:)

Vager, did you custom settings for Sprint work on Telus? I read an old thread on the internet saying that Sprint settings worked on the Telus network for a laptop, maybe it will for Tomtom also.

Ask a Question