can i stop the Legal Notice from showing up

Does anyone know a way to do this? Only have owned my TT 1/3 for 3 days, and i am already real tired of having to hit "I AGREE" so often. Would be really nice if we could turn that off.

Not possible.
This only happens when you turn on your device after you had it connected to your computer or if you have removed the SD Card.

When it does appear, you don't have to exactly press the 'Agree' button.
You can press anywhere on the screen.

I have a tomtom xxl and am stuck on the Legal Notice page. I've charged my unit for 2-hrs., tapped all over the screen, but it won't move from that page. Please help!!

Completely different issue here....
first of all, have you tried a simple reset? On that model you do a reset by holding down the power switch for at least 20 seconds until you hear a drum roll sound and then release it.

If that doesn't fix the problem, if you connect the XXL to your computer, are you able to get the PC to recognise it as an external disk drive. If you can then report back and we can reinstall the software quite easily.

Another thing worth checking on the hardware is for any small particles of grit stuck under the screen surround / bezel which could be causing a permanent "screen press". Use the corner of a stiff business card or similar to sweep round under the edge of the bezel to clear anything out.

I have a VIA 1505 and every time the unit powers on in my car, I get the legal notice about data collection. Of course, since it takes the unit about 3-4 minutes to lock on to NAV sats, it does give me something to do.

Also - Is there any way to stop the battery charging message from flashing across the screen every so often. It's no mystery that the battery is charging while it is operating in a car. I do not need to be continually reminded of it. Another needless distraction.

Battery charging message may be an inication of interrupted power from the cig lighter to the unit.

I'd state that more strongly, dhn. Not "may be", but "is". Loose connection somewhere there.

That Legal notice can be switched off in Settings / Start up / Next

I get "Ask consent for information sharing each time you start your nav. device?"

Answer "No".

Ask a Question