Can I revert to the factory map?

Evenaing all,

I purchased a 'Start-Europe' model today as I will be travelling across Europe for a few weeks.

When I plugged it in to the computer TT Home said 'would you like new, detailed maps of Europe'

I said 'oh, yes please!'

Because I am a moron I can now have a lovely detailed map of any of central/southern/eastern/western Europe - one region only due to memory constraints.

I could really do with my simple, low detail original whole of Europe map back which came with the unit.

Yes, I am a idiot for not backing up!

Do any kind souls know if I can fix this? basically reverting it to how is was when I bought it.

Cheers,

Welcome to TTF.

when you upgraded the map, did Home offer to move your original map to the computer? If so, take a look there.

If not, I think without a backup that you need to call UK support at 0845 161 0009 when it opens in the morning. See if they can put your original back into your account.

Thanks DHN,

Are their support people pretty good? I sent a 'question' to TT but may call for a quicker answer.

When you suggest looking on the computer, do you mean where I can view the TT relating things which are held on my computer when viewing through 'Manage my device'?

Well, try there. Look on the Computer tab, map and see what it shows. Is there a link for 'Change zoned map' or something similar?

I have no idea how good/bad UK support is but I do know that phone calls get better results than emails as a rule.

Ask a Question