Reverting back to US / Canada map 715

I've had problems with text to speech on my 301s using the new map 720 (see previous thread). I asked TT customer service if I could revert to the older map 715 -- as I believe the text to speech works fine on the older map.

They said yes I could and they put the old map 715 into my account to download. It appears in my account on the TT website ? but it's not showing up in TT home.

There's no live link on the TT website to download it. I'm guessing that I have to download it with TT home... is this correct? Any work around? Thanks.

I've had problems with text to speech on my 301s using the new map 720 (see previous thread). I asked TT customer service if I could revert to the older map 715 -- as I believe the text to speech works fine on the older map.

They said yes I could and they put the old map 715 into my account to download. It appears in my account on the TT website ? but it's not showing up in TT home.

There's no live link on the TT website to download it. I'm guessing that I have to download it with TT home... is this correct? Any work around? Thanks.

If you originally did download 715, then you already have it on your computer in tomtom/download/map folder.

Verify in Home with Items on my computer/maps/ and you should see a + sign, click it and you should see the 715 and (recent) 720 map.

If so, use home to remove the 720 map from the unit and use home to install the 715.

Thanks for the response. Being a new owner/user, the first thing I did was claim my free map upgrade! 715 was already on the new TT, I didn't know enough to back it up, so when I upgraded to map 720, I removed 715 from the TT to make room for the upgrade. Hence, my call to TT customer service to get the 715 back.

Thanks for the response. Being a new owner/user, the first thing I did was claim my free map upgrade! 715 was already on the new TT, I didn't know enough to back it up, so when I upgraded to map 720, I removed 715 from the TT to make room for the upgrade. Hence, my call to TT customer service to get the 715 back.

Well, lesson learned, I guess .... always make backups using Explorer, not Home, and when removing any map for another, don't just 'delete' but copy old map to a folder on your computer.

Anyway......look in Home, Add Maps/voices, and you may see the 715 map listed there for installation.

In order to not unnecessarily burn any bridges, first copy the 720 map to the computer through Home. It will thn be easy to re-install in the future that way. It may be that your problems are with the application and not the map.

If the 715 map is not on your computer for some reason, after you remove the 720 map, go to Home update and it should offer you the map they set up for you.

Another thought - did you you do a complete backup before you installed the new 720 map? If so, restoring it would put you back to where you were when it was working. Just be careful of application 8.01 - it still appears to have many issues.

In order to not unnecessarily burn any bridges, first copy the 720 map to the computer through Home. It will thn be easy to re-install in the future that way. It may be that your problems are with the application and not the map.

If the 715 map is not on your computer for some reason, after you remove the 720 map, go to Home update and it should offer you the map they set up for you.

Another thought - did you you do a complete backup before you installed the new 720 map? If so, restoring it would put you back to where you were when it was working. Just be careful of application 8.01 - it still appears to have many issues.
715 is not on my computer and it's not on TT Home. They made it available (so they say) and it shows up on my account at TT website (but not Home).

I asked to revert back to the older application and they said... they could NOT do that.

I guess without the back-up (which I didn't do when I first got the unit)... I'm out of luck.

Try calling (again). Say it is listed in your account but when you try to follow THEIR directions about using Home, it isn't working.

I assume when you set up home and downloaded maps you set up an account with TomTom (email address & password). When you open Home, make sure you log on to that account. Then try updates again (again - after you have copied 720 to you computer through Home and then removed it from the device) .

If 715 does not pop up as an offered download - definitely call support again.

I assume when you set up home and downloaded maps you set up an account with TomTom (email address & password). When you open Home, make sure you log on to that account. Then try updates again (again - after you have copied 720 to you computer through Home and then removed it from the device) .

If 715 does not pop up as an offered download - definitely call support again.
Yes, I did all that. Looks like I'll need to call support once again.

To others, TT told me I'd be eligible for another free map once they fix and re-issue it. I'd need my original sales receipt and retain the incident number I received for the contact with them.

Ask a Question