Bugged favourites

TomTom Model(s)
XXL
:) Hi this is my first thread so here goes. When I went to use my favourites today three of them just tried to send me to my home address instead of the correct destination. Not sure if this a known fault as this is my first Tom Tom:rolleyes:

Certainly should not happen.

Perhaps, in error, you actually set the favourites as Home? Go to manage favourites-->Select one and see where it shows on the next screen (a map). If incorrect, such as it pointing to your house location, then delete it and start over by adding a favourite. Just be careful with your choices and the one you select is correct.

No, maybe I am not explaining myself very well. The destinations programmed into my 'favourites' have been used successfully for some time. Then three of the destinations in my favourites all had my same destination, my home address.

Still strange. I guess you need to select each of the faulty favourites and edit them to have the proper location.

Yes I have done that. I was just concerned that this was possibly a glitch with this Tom Tom model. I have been using an aging Garmin Nuvo for years without a hitch and was surprised to get a problem with a much more up to date satnav.

It's certainly not a bug I've heard of before on TomToms.
I've got an XL which is functionally pretty identical to the XXL and it's never happened on that, nor on any other of the TTs which have passed through my hands (quite a few...)

Did you update a map or software, or do anything similar, just before you noticed the problem?

Maybe, I have updated my maps as I am still within the first 90 days, but I am not sure if I have used the satnav since I updated the maps and then had the problem.
The only thing that was different from usual was that i selected the destination from my favourites whilst the satnav could not find a satellite (I was in a multi storey car park). After that it seemed to be 'bugged'.

Ask a Question