Bluetooth

TomTom Model(s)
940 live
Does anyone know if I can bluetooth my favourites from my Tom Tom 940 to my colleagues Tom Tom 940
Thanks

No, sorry, it is not. Your favorites are stored along with a fair bit of other information in a file called mapsettings.cfg (found in your map folder). Only items that reside in their own files (e.g., an itinerary file or a custom POI) can be sent between units.

That said, it is possible to extract your favorite information from the mapsettings.cfg file with the right tool on your PC, and that file can be copied to your friend's unit as a POI, if that would help.

No, sorry, it is not. Your favorites are stored along with a fair bit of other information in a file called mapsettings.cfg (found in your map folder). Only items that reside in their own files (e.g., an itinerary file or a custom POI) can be sent between units.

That said, it is possible to extract your favorite information from the mapsettings.cfg file with the right tool on your PC, and that file can be copied to your friend's unit as a POI, if that would help.
Ok thank you I'll try that

One very good tool, as it happens, is called POIEdit. You can download it here >>> http://www.poiedit.com/downloads.htm
Look below to "Current version" / "English", not the upload in the top box.
You'll see all of your recent travels, favorites and other things, but it's a fairly quick thing to delete all of the extraneous stuff and just save the favorite bits together as an *.ov2 POI file.

Ask a Question