BlueTooth Problems in 8.35x

Tomtom tests the data connection as does setup for wireless data. So if you get it to complete the data setup to 100% then you probably have a reception issue.

If you can't get setup to 100%, check here to see what settings may work with your cellular company.

I am also having connect/disconnect problems with the latest version 8.351 with my Nokia phones. Used to work fine. Tried rolling back to version 8.302 and ran into a problem. When I remove the application, and look to see what is on the computer, I can see he application 8.302 is there. However when I try to install the application from the computer, I am only getting the a choice for version 8.351. When I look on the harddrive, I can see the version 8.302, 8.350, and 8.351 are all there, but for some reason Home is not seeing it. Anyway to install manually or am I doing something wrong?

Have a read through This Thread as I posted some details covering how to manually install the Navcore software to the device - It should offer what you need - Mike

Thanks mikealder. Worked perfect. Tomtom is back on version 8.302 and my Nokia phone is working well with it again.

Update...

Just a quick update...I'm still using 8.351 and still have the problem of the Remote and Data connections dropping out after a few days use. Nowdays, whenever my remote stops connecting to my TomTom (my first symptom that it's going to lose the data connection to the phone), I press the reset on the bottom, and bingo-it's fixed and working for a few more days.

I haven't contacted TomTom yet about this as I'm sure that their suggestion is that the problem is in my phone. :confused:

For those with this problem, try downgrading back to 8.302. 8.35x and 8.302 have different bluetooth code, some phones work better with one version than the other.

In home, go to remove items -> items on my device -> application

Then go to "add traffic, voices, etc", "items on my computer", then look for application 8.302 and install it.

Thanks for this. One thing though. I just downloaded HOME to do exactly this, and I can't find "remove items" in any menu anywhere within this program.

Where is it?

Also, can I install the 930 software on the 920 device? I'm having trouble finding a URL for the 8.302 software for the 920. TomTom appears to only officially support using the HOME software (which only allows me to install 8.351)

You're replying to an older thread.

"Remove items" has been enhanced and is now "Manage my GO". You are correct that it only offers 8.351. You can download 8.302 for the 920 here, just extract the contents using winrar onto your Tomtom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it's been almost a year since 8.35 and 8.351 came out and still no update from TT. Given the number of people posting on the forums with the same problems, it seems strange to me that there hasn't been a new update yet.

I don't think we can expect a fix. It's like call quality on cell phones. Noone will improve that because when it comes to seling a phone, it's no value add.

Tomtom is the only device I'm aware of that has a remote, BT capabilities, ipod control, and more rolled into one PND package. So anyone who wants one or two of these features, it's the only game in town. TT doesn't have to care about functionality and support.

All they need is to get the actual navigation right to compete with garmin, which they basically do. So why spend money via engineer's time to fix what won't get you more customers?

---------

or how's this for messed up? I was thinking about buying a 950 hoping that TT would actually support that...the 920 is pretty legacy these days! So it's possible that NOT supporting your old equipment can actually sell MORE devices!

The problem is CLEARLY in the Bluetooth code. If you go into your Tomtom Preferences, then turn off Bluetooth, then turn it back on, it pairs properly again. No need for a full reset, just Bluetooth.

Ask a Question