GO 740 LIVE TM problems while connected to Bluetooth

TomTom Model(s)
Tom Tom GO 740 LIVE TM
I've had the unit for about a year and a half, and had issues with it before, but thought it was my crappy phone screwing it up. I just got a new phone, and now I know this is not the case. From time to time when connected to the phone, the unit will not give voice prompts or voice directions. This is annoying as I have to constantly watch the unit when it does this, or pull over and spend 10 minutes playing with it for it to connect to the phone properly.

Eventually, if I hold the power button till I hear the drumroll, it will connect properly (usually after a few attempts). If it connects and I hear "Connected to HTC Vivid 4G" then I know I'm good. If it connects, and I only see the connected message on the screen, and don't hear it, I know I'm in trouble.

Is there a firmware update for this device to fix this? It seems to be some kind of software issue.

Is there a firmware update for this device to fix this? It seems to be some kind of software issue.

Difficult to say if there's an update, as you haven't said what software version you're running now! :lol:

Current "proper" latest version is v9.058, but some have installed v9.061 (intended for other models) or returned to the previous version 9.054 as they had problems with LIVE services reception with 9.058.

Darn, I forgot to include that... Its cold out and I'm already getting ready for bed. I'll check the version number tomorrow morning. Tom Tom Home doesn't report that there's any new software for it, but I've had it tell me everything was up to date before when I knew it wasn't.

Current "proper" latest version is v9.058, but some have installed v9.061 (intended for other models)

I might have given you a bum steer on that version number. Checking my notes, I might have been thinking of v9.120 instead.That was intended for the XL2, but the file name implies different! It's 9.120.522640.GO750.CAB-navcore-GO750.cab.

If it DOES work, you might lose the Jukebox functionality.

The vital thing is to make a good backup before you do ANY tinkering.

Also, I should mention that the bootloader versions are both different for v9.061 and v9.120 from v9.058 and once you've updated that, there's no going back. (so if the new software won't work and if the old software won't work with the new bootloader, you're screwed).

Here's the download links for those two versions, but if you're at all nervous about it, wait to see if any of the regulars posts back with any warnings about using them.

v9.061 for the XL

v9.120 for the XM2 or maybe the Go750!)

The comment that jukebox might not work got me thinking.... When I bought the unit, I threw a Micro SD card in it, just because I had an extra one. I took it out, and since then, it appears that the unit is functioning properly. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I won't have to do anything else, and that it keeps working.

Ask a Question