Problems regarding car kit and Bluetooth

I have a Audi whit MMI 2.0 (Audi console) , and my cellphone is synchronized to so that I can receive hands free calls, and play music on the stereo trough the Bluetooth connection. I dock the cellphone in the car kit, and everything works fine. But, when I put the power cable into the car kit, the music starts playing in the car kit speaker? And that?s not a good speaker 

Is there anything to do whit the car kit? I was thinking maybe disable some pins in the car kit or something like that, so I can charge the phone and use the antenna when I playing music and using the phone?

Thank you, regards Jon Andreas

Delete the pair between the iPhone and the car kit as its not needed for GPS only, the BT connection only provides the sound support so deleting this pairing will put the sound through the car system as required - Mike

Delete the pair between the iPhone and the car kit as its not needed for GPS only, the BT connection only provides the sound support so deleting this pairing will put the sound through the car system as required - Mike

this is from the Car Kit Manual
To play music on your iPhone through your car stereo, connect the TomTom
car kit to the car stereo using a 3.5mm mini stereo audio cable (not supplied).
Note: Hands-free calls are not played over the car stereo.

I was under the impression that the BT connection between the kit and the phone was for phone calls and to receive the added GPS signal from the chip inside the kit.

Hi, and thank you for your posts!
I have not paired the phone whit the kar cit, so the sound goes through the docking part of the car kit.
But if I start the music before I start the car, then I can get sound through the stereo in the car when it on power. But it would be nice to be able to disable the possibility to play sound thru the car kit..

Ask a Question