Bluetooth and car kit

Hi All, I don't know if this is an iPhone problem or a TomTom problem but hopefully one of you folks can point me in the right direction.
I have an iPhone 4 running TT 1.6 and the TT cradle. My van has built in Bluetooth that mutes the radio and uses the stereo speakers during a call.
The problem I'm having is when I receive a call whilst running the TT app the audio seems to default to the handset! and I can't hear a thing, while on the call I can "Select Audio Source" and change it back to the vans bluetooth and it changes instantly, with the phone in the cradle but the TT app not running I can make and receive Calls with no problem.

Any help would be much appreciated
Ken

Hi All, I don't know if this is an iPhone problem or a TomTom problem but hopefully one of you folks can point me in the right direction.
I have an iPhone 4 running TT 1.6 and the TT cradle. My van has built in Bluetooth that mutes the radio and uses the stereo speakers during a call.
The problem I'm having is when I receive a call whilst running the TT app the audio seems to default to the handset! and I can't hear a thing, while on the call I can "Select Audio Source" and change it back to the vans bluetooth and it changes instantly, with the phone in the cradle but the TT app not running I can make and receive Calls with no problem.

Any help would be much appreciated
Ken

If you are running the iPhone in the TomTom car kit:
BT is between the iPhone and the kit for GPS only (this enables the IPhone to use the chip inside the car kit)
Use the headphone jack on the IPhone to aux in on the radio to by-pass the car kit's speaker and move the audio directions as well as music to the radio.

If you try and use the iPhone without the car kit:
Pair the iPhone and the radio
set up the audio the way you want it
start TomTom and get a fix, choose a destination and lock it in (route to it)
Open iPod control from the home screen not the TomTom app.
Start a song any song and go to the now playing screen on the bottom right you will see the audio selection for all the sources that are paired with the phone, choose the one for your radio
pause the music and then listen to the radio
open the app and test the audio by hitting the next direction arrow and you should now here it via the radio.

I have found that with the iPhone 4 I do not need to use the car kit to enhance GPS reception. I am using a Bracketron dash mount (only mount I have found that sticks to the dash with no adapter plate) and a USB charger cord from the accs outlet.

II have found that with the iPhone 4 I do not need to use the car kit to enhance GPS reception.

Smae here, iPhone4 simply works even when positioned low down on the dash, earlier iPhones were hopeless in terms of GPS reception but the newer 4 model has got it right.

Delete the TomTom car kit from the list of paired items on your iPhone and the sound will go back to the superiour in car system - Mike

I have my iphone 3GS mounted in a ProClip holder located below the top of the dashboard. It's connected by an audio cable into the car's audio system. The car has an internal bluetooth phone system.

I am able to place calls and receive calls while using the TT app and even while also using the ipod or an online radio station running as a background app on the iphone. The music fades out when the TT gives instructions and fades back in after the instruction is given. The only wierd thing I have experienced is when receiving calls. The iphone itself rings several times before the car's bluetooth kick's in and routes the call through the car's audio system. The only thing I can do is let the phone ring about three times by itself and then pick up on the fourth or fifth ring. Otherwise, it works great!!

Ask a Question